I have a recent thread concerning a problem with my current amp. Just in case I don't get the problem fixed I'll need to look into buying a new amplifier. What amp should I look into?

My price range is $500-800
I don't have a problem buying used.

I'll need something versatile. I play everything from grunge to melodeath. If it helps my primary guitar is an ESP-F150.
If you don't dislike your current amp I'd say you should get something pretty similar to it. Not the same one necessarily, but the same brand would be a great place to start.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
What the f is melodeath?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
What the f is melodeath?

I think he means Melodic Death Metal.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Quote by offthewall91
I think he means Melodic Death Metal.

Gah, people put themselves in far too many boxes these days, then put several padlocks and chains on the boxes afterwards, then jump into a quarry, full of sharks with legs, and people with similar one tracked minds.

I also didnt realise that death metal could be melodic, I thought it just always sounded like a big horrible mess.

****ing sub genres, how I hate thee.

On another note, Peavey is a brand to be looking at, so is Mesa (probably too expensive).
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove

I also didnt realise that death metal could be melodic, I thought it just always sounded like a big horrible mess.

****ing sub genres, how I hate thee.

On another note, Peavey is a brand to be looking at, so is Mesa (probably too expensive).

I don't think I could agree with you more.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
@FuzzLove

Mesa wouldn't be too expensive, he would be able to get a used F-50 or a DC-5 for around $700-800.

They may be a little too "smooth" sounding for Death Metal, though. Look into Peavey if Death is what you're after mainly, but for almost anything else, check out eBay or Craigslist for some Mesa's, and don't just get hung up on Marks and Rectifiers.
Thanks for the replies everyone. The Peavey Transtube 212 efx has been a discontinued model for quite some time now. Does anyone know what the most similar amp to it would be?