Was thinking about grabbing a SM57 to start recording my Bugera 6262, However i have a UX2 but i really want to sell it. I don't like it much and i much prefer a real amp. but i was going to use it as a interface to plug the SM57 into and use REAPER to record

Does anyone do this, THe reason is there's quite a few issues with the UX2 on windows 7 on my PC, it will skip etc so i'm unsure if the mic will work with it.

SO i was wondering can i just use a XLR to 3.5mm connection and plug it into the line in port on my PC? and record that way, since the SM57 doesn't need extra power does it?

Would i suffer audio quality loss?
Last edited by BoL7z at Jun 27, 2010,
Ah damn, I might just use my UX2 when i bother buying the mic then and see how that goes.

I don't want to spend much on the input box thing as it will only be recording 1 mic at a time.

With my UX2 i can record 2 mics at a time anyway i think
that is a baaaaad idea
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.
Quote by Josher.K
that is a baaaaad idea

The 2 mics at once or using the UX2 as an input box thing?

I think if i'd record 2 mics at once it would be the same recording track so it would all get mixed into one shit box. so prob bad.

This guy seems to use the UX2 as a sound card

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQXd6KRJKwg

Sounds brilliant IMO, and i'd be more than happy to have that kinda sound quality.
Last edited by BoL7z at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by BoL7z
The 2 mics at once or using the UX2 as an input box thing?

I think if i'd record 2 mics at once it would be the same recording track so it would all get mixed into one shit box. so prob bad.

This guy seems to use the UX2 as a sound card

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQXd6KRJKwg

Sounds brilliant IMO, and i'd be more than happy to have that kinda sound quality.

No I think he means going directly to the sound card with the mic. It'll sound like crap, if your lucky enough to even hear anything.
The UX2 already has 2 built in XLR ports to take something like a SM57. You don't need to buy anything else...
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Sorry, I was referring to plugging the SM57 into the 3.5mm jack. You should use your UX2, with XLR cables.
Quote by StraightxXxEdge
Quote by Truespin
you can't use a guitar to replace your lack of charm or social skills.

Worked for Malmsteen.