so i was playing guitar and had the TV on at the same time....because i like to party.

as i took a break i decded to switch the channel and kept hearing a really weird noise by my amp. i thought my amp was breaking or the tubes were going (its a bugera....ive heard things).

turns out the clicking was the sound of my remote control!!!!! every time i changed channel i heard a click through my amp. weird.

its a panasonic, an bugera V22 and they are about 20 feet away from each other.

(and in defense of bugera quality, ive been going 2-5 hours a day on this puppy and its tip top. no reliability issues here. and i love the amp. imo best bang for your buck amp about there)
whenever i change my channel it makes a beep noise through the amp

and my amps a bugera too and the tvs also a panasonic!
Gear:
Fender American Standard Strat
Zoom G5
Blackstar HT1 mini stack

Epiphone G400 SG Goth / with Emg 81 +85
LP kit
Jackson RR24m
Jackson Dk2M
Maton EM225c
Bugera 333XL
Randall RA412XL
ISP Decimator G String
Boss Tu-2
Boss RC-2
I know that if your mobile phone (cell phone in American) is near your amp, or any speaker, and you are about to recieve a call or text, it makes a strange spaceship sound.

Never seen that with a TV though, but yeah, it's nothing to worry about.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
i had a weird, very quiet voice coming through my amp once. No cables plugged into it. Just had it on. T.V. wasn't on. Computer wasn't on. Phone wasn't on. My light and amp were the only thing on in that room. And I got these creepy voice repeating something over and over coming through my amp.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by Koshman32
i had a weird, very quiet voice coming through my amp once. No cables plugged into it. Just had it on. T.V. wasn't on. Computer wasn't on. Phone wasn't on. My light and amp were the only thing on in that room. And I got these creepy voice repeating something over and over coming through my amp.

I had that, once. Cranked it up and it was a french radio show, very unusual
Quote by Koshman32

That's ****ed up man.

It could like radio interferance or something, I'm not really sure.
I know that a friend of mine had a Ibanez RG or some shit, and he used to play music on his phone and hold it near the pickup, and it would come through the amp.

Maybe fairys live in your amp.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by SilverSpurs616
I had that, once. Cranked it up and it was a french radio show, very unusual

I tried cranking it up to try and hear what it was, but as soon as I touched the volume dial, it went away, but I put it back to the volume it was at, and it came back.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
yeah this happens with interference
try doing somesort of sheilding
i used to get some korean station the tone knob chngd the station to another asian station
Last edited by supersac at Jun 27, 2010,
Yea, the remote and amp thing works with any model. And since this is semi-relative, Has anybody ever heard a morse code like noise occasionaly go through like... a computer speaker or stereo system?
Gear

Guitars: '02 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Yellow
Ibanez RG560CA w/ SD Invader
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow
Ibanez RGA 8 QM w/ Dimarzio D-Active and PAF 8
Washburn KC-70v
Bass: 1980 Aria Pro II SB Elite II
Amps: Vox VT20+
Quote by FuzzLove
That's ****ed up man.

It could like radio interferance or something, I'm not really sure.
I know that a friend of mine had a Ibanez RG or some shit, and he used to play music on his phone and hold it near the pickup, and it would come through the amp.

Maybe fairys live in your amp.

I know about having something close to the pickups when the amps on (my ringtone, the dying ringer from Crank, makes a pretty sweet sound coming out of my amp with lots of gain), but with not even a cable plugged into it, now that's a little weird.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I don't get how pickups can do that, I mean they're not microphones?
My pickups don't do that.

Yeah, with no guitar plugged into the amp, that's very wierd.
Seems like it must be some kind of Radio transmission though.
Maybe it's that french woman from Lost's repeating help signal.
I get radio interference through my amp all the time. I get conversations truck drivers have on their CB radios on a daily basis.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
Too lazy to read everything.

It's just interference. It's normal. You can some super cool techno beats from it.
Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
yeah the phone call or text, that always happens. i get that wit amps or computer speakers. one time ive got a radio signal. but never a tv remote control. i never thought something like that could be picked up.

i mean radio signals have an audible signal - we listen to them. kinda weird that a TV transmitter signal can be heard...through an amp.

how does that happen? is my guitar pickup sensing it? cause the amp has no way of sensing anything.

do hotter pickups sense more weird crap than low output ones?
Happens to every high-gain amp. If I turn the volume and gain of my Powerball up I'll hear Polish radio. I think it just adds to the character of a tube amp, don't forget that tube amps once were used for radios. TV Remote seems a bit sillier though.

And I'm not sure if it are your pickups picking it up, when I receive radio it's my cable I think. But hotter pickups would receive more.
Guitasr:
Cort KX-Custom
ESP LTD M-200FM
Amp:
Engl Powerball
Misc:
Focusrite Scarlet 2i4
next time your playing guitar, grab a remote (any remote, tv, dvd, stereo, whatever.. hell the actual appliance doesnt even have to be in the same room) point it at your guitar pickup up close and hold down a button.
I get radio interference too, and when i scroll my mouse it makes a noise too. pretty cool