ok i've been searching for my next guitar the very good quality one. (dk if i want to make it or what. What i do know is i want a 24 fret neck and still haven't found a body shape thats make me just say a bad word
but thats not what this is about i want to talk about my pick up ideas..... i want a clean but screaming tone for the bridge (dimebucker (sh-13) or the new slash pick up, i think alnico pro2) and for my nu metal almost twangy sound i like the quarter pound for jaguar (sjag-3) for the middle pick up and for the neck a nice thick deep invader (sh-8)and thats the sound i like all on a 5 switch. HsH guitar
my question is will these blend together and make a enjoyable sound? you can hear what they sound like or read the EQ to tell you the ratio of Treble, Mid, and Bass for each here.. i think they will but i have never messed around with new
http://www.seymourduncan.com/comparetones
thanks
okay an alcino pro 2 in the bridge will be weaker than an invader in the neck, i guess a dimebucker and invader pair would work because they're both so high gain, idk about the jaguar, if u get a rosewood board id say distortion/59 and if its ebony id say distortion/jazz because distortion will give u the balls u want without sacrificing (too much) tone
Eh.
thats what im going for like a distortion/jazz
when you say rosewood board and ebony do you mean bodies or necks..
i really like the sound of that jag.. whats the worse that could happen?? really i dont know
cool thanks i will keep that in mind... any idea on a good body... alder is my basic choice i guess..
alder and mahogany are good basic choices, basswood is good if u like ibanezes or if u have a rlly low budget
Eh.
thanks... i dont really have a budget set for it yet ... some websites was around 1300 to 3000$$ i wouldnt mind making my own. I have the patenice to do it and as right as i can but am a little confused on how to make the holes for wires to run from the pickups to the switch and knobs??
Do you know what the worst case scenario would be if the pick ups dont match perfect... like how overall sound will be affected?
The Dimebucker and Invader will probably match in terms of output but they're both muddy as hell and generally regarded as pretty bad pickups around here.

To be honest I'm not quite sure what you're looking for...could you explain once more what kind of music you play and what kind of sound you're looking for from the bridge and neck pickups? Are you just looking at a H-H or a H-S-H setup?

Also, unless you have a decent amount of woodworking experience and all the necessary tools I would avoid trying to build a guitar yourself
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Last edited by GNR4EVER at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by GNR4EVER
The Dimebucker and Invader will probably match in terms of output but they're both muddy as hell and generally regarded as pretty bad pickups around here.

To be honest I'm not quite sure what you're looking for...could you explain once more what kind of music you play and what kind of sound you're looking for from the bridge and neck pickups? Are you just looking at a H-H or a H-S-H setup?

Also, unless you have a decent amount of woodworking experience and all the necessary tools I would avoid trying to build a guitar yourself

Really i have only read good reviews of those pick ups? i read one about the dimebucker that said it wasn't enough mudd (bass) for him (why i got it in the bridge) but had great tone and clarity..
i try to play everything in terms of genres but i have a good acoustic for indie, folk, etc.
i am looking for the guitar i would like to use in a band when im ready for a band.
i see my sound being a nu metal ish sound (limp bizkit mainly 1st and 2nd cd, soad, spineshank (self destruction pattern cd) and blind melon(even tho there not nu metal)) with a little more complex guitar work..
i will be in a lower tuning i dont know which one yet... probably C# standard so i can drop to B easy when i want
i am looking for a H -S-H setup ... i want a deep good Bass pick up for rhythm (neck slot--for good break downs)
i want a good clean rock sound to solo in (my choice so far the dimebucker in the bridge pick up) i love the sound of the confession.. through these eyes is a good one to listen to
and i want a pick up with a good twang sound not so much screaming metal...a pick ups that i can use with a clean setting or a nice effect pedal.
i will be using this pick up for my spooky sounding licks and for some interlude stuff kinda similar to the chiodos..... maybe a sound like limp bizkits clean sounds.. (clean part w/tremolo on nobody like you)
and then im curious to the sound when the pick ups are all turned on together... i think i will like the sound especially if i have all the tone knobs for them all....
if there are better pickups to get my sound i describe please tell me i am not set in stone here... thanks
and with building a guitar i plan to before i die... and if it would be cheaper than buying a new guitar and buying these pickups for it well then i might
however i do not have all the tools yet
Last edited by elihu4321 at Jun 28, 2010,