Yes. I'm going to high school (ohmygawd!) and I want to sing. For electives I want to either choose choir or guitar "class." I'm already playing guitar in the marching band and already take guitar lessons. But I've always wanted to sing. Choir seems like free lessons to me. However, I want to sing sort of like Thomas Erak from the Fall of Troy. Is it worth even joining the choir?
I would definitely join. It'll probably help you a lot with your pitch. Something important regardless of style.
www.youtube.com/jordan123x
How do you do guitar in a marching band?

Man, any time you get to sing is practice, so if you have to do it for school, it's like a win-win.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Hell yes.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Yeah man I did it in primary school and when it came to being in a band in high school I was able to come forward and sing - ended up fronting the band. Worth it for sure.
Of course.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Probably the ONE thing in music I wish I had have appreciated FAR earlier in life is this:

"being able to sing - even just a little bit - is advantageous for SO many reasons. Your ear improves; you can communicate musical ideas more easily; you are more desirable as a band member than the next guy who says "yes, I can sing backups.""

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by seemeel
How do you do guitar in a marching band?

Man, any time you get to sing is practice, so if you have to do it for school, it's like a win-win.

My old high school marching band had an electric guitarist, they had her play all jazzy and stuff to fit in with the band, and it actually worked out pretty well.

TS, yes, joining a high school choir can help with any type of singing style you want to do, style doesn't really matter, it still improves your voice the more you sing.
Quote by leg end

"Roses are red,
Violets are bitchin'
Goddammit woman,
get back in the kitchen"