I'm going to Myrtle Beach for vacation and will be there July 3rd through July 10th and it's going to be boring as hell. Anybody know of any metal shows going on in that area in that time frame, it can even be local bands. Also, is there anything fun to do there besides the beach? Thanks.
That rhymes with turtle.

That's the closest thing I have to an opinion on this.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
It reminds me of Moaning Myrtle. I like Harry Potter.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Trowzaa
It reminds me of Moaning Myrtle. I like Harry Potter.

Moaning lololololol
I went to myrtle beach when I was young. Theres a ****load of golf courses everywhere for somereason, the beach is nice go boat sailing, you can go jet skiing n shit, and ride wave runners.

Enjoy it now before the gulf oil gets sucked into the jet stream and hits the eastern beaches.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Myrtle Beach? Boring? That place is only as boring as you make it. There's tons of stuff to do, like GOING TO THE FUCKING BEACH. Also, Broadway at the Beach is a fun way to kill an evening, lots of restaurants, shops, an aquarium, mini-golf, bars, all this good stuff. And that can't be all, look at a brochure or something.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
TS, why are you even going, dude? And if you could postpone til the end of the month (19th-25th), you could attend Mustang Week.
Quote by Arrived+Dparted
Myrtle Beach? Boring? That place is only as boring as you make it. There's tons of stuff to do, like GOING TO THE FUCKING BEACH. Also, Broadway at the Beach is a fun way to kill an evening, lots of restaurants, shops, an aquarium, mini-golf, bars, all this good stuff. And that can't be all, look at a brochure or something.

Seriously. This post brought back all the memories from when I went.

Broadway at the beach is a pretty cool place to walk around and hang out.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by CraZyB0y
TS, why are you even going, dude? And if you could postpone til the end of the month (19th-25th), you could attend Mustang Week.

I was guilted into goin by my mom... "this may be our last family vacation..."
Quote by Nelsean
Seriously. This post brought back all the memories from when I went.

Broadway at the beach is a pretty cool place to walk around and hang out.

Do you remember the dude at Broadway at the Beach doing the spray paint art? He was awesome.
Oh, because a place can only be fun because there are metal shows.

TS, it's a beach. There is so much to do on the beach. And chances are there are awesome stores in the area. And since you're PROBABLY going with your family, they most likely have stuff planned. Please, do not be the moany little whining emo kid (not emo in the sense of your taste in music but in your poutiness) that just complains because the trip isn't br00talz enough.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I love Myrtle Beach
If you can't find something to do take your next vacation in Nebraska.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
That rhymes with Purple Nurple.

That's the closest thing I have to an opinion on this.
Quote by guitarsftw
Oh, because a place can only be fun because there are metal shows.

TS, it's a beach. There is so much to do on the beach. And chances are there are awesome stores in the area. And since you're PROBABLY going with your family, they most likely have stuff planned. Please, do not be the moany little whining emo kid (not emo in the sense of your taste in music but in your poutiness) that just complains because the trip isn't br00talz enough.

They actually have nothing planned because they have some twisted mindset that vacation needs to be a week of doing nothing to relax. My original intent of this thread was to see if any bands were playing in the area and to maybe check out some local bands.
Do you have internet there? If so, just spend all your time on UG.
Quote by doofus41
I was guilted into goin by my mom... "this may be our last family vacation..."

Ah... That sucks. I have a friend going with his family for Mustang Week. I'd be all over that, but I'm low on cash and my car isn't done yet. Guess I'll just wait for next year and make it something really special.

Good luck with the trip, dude. But, as a nationally acclaimed vacation hotspot, I'd imagine there'd be more than a few things to do.
Quote by doofus41
They actually have nothing planned because they have some twisted mindset that vacation needs to be a week of doing nothing to relax. My original intent of this thread was to see if any bands were playing in the area and to maybe check out some local bands.

What an odd mindset. Oh wait no it isn't.
Google Myrtle Beach.
Look for upcoming events
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.

It looks like a very nice place. It will only suck if you want it to suck.

Anyway, look for people of the subculture of whatever music you're into and ask them. That place also must have nice pubs and "I'm ditched with my family over here for a week and I have nothing to do. Could I join you guys?" looks like a good line to meet people.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Last edited by urik at Jun 27, 2010,
Go to magic quest or whatever it's called. There's dragons n' fairies n' shit.
I'm a real cool kid.
That rhymes with hurtful.
That is the closest I have t-OH JUST ENJOY YOUR FUCKING VACATION ALREADY!
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by Nelsean
Enjoy it now before the gulf oil gets sucked into the jet stream and hits the eastern beaches.

Oil in the sky?!

NO WAI
MATTERHORN
Stay drunk all week?
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I once wore that shirt and it got me so many bitches my penis got a rash from gropage.
it could be worse, you could be them:
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!