I want a good versatile amp at a good price, and I've narrowed it down to these two, the Vox Valvetronix vt50 and Flextone iii.

Right now I'm only a bedroom player. I own a spider iii 15w and I'm ready to move on.

I don't really play any metal, so I want a really nice clean sound and a good crunch/rock setting.

Thanks!
Tried both and Flex wins easily.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Out of the two the Flextone is a lot better.

Have you considered tube amps, though?

You could probably afford a low power decent tube amp considering you're a bedroom player.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
Out of the two the Flextone is a lot better.

Have you considered tube amps, though?

You could probably afford a low power decent tube amp considering you're a bedroom player.

+1
i've got a flextone and the cleans on it are beautiful
but a small tube combo might do them that bit better
The Flextone is my bet for the cleans and low/medium gain stuff. The high-gain is somewhat lacking IMO but I don't care much more than that, it was a good buy.
ಠ_ಠ
The Flextone is great, plenty of gain for most styles of music.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
thanks for the help. the reason I was looking at modeling amps is because I liked the iea of lots of different sounds, but I didn't know you could get tube amps at $500 prices. So now I'm for a gtube amp because that's what I really want.

so what's a good tube amp for under $500? so far all I've seen is the peavey valveking.