I'm looking at getting another electric guitar and I don't have a whole lot of money to spend, but I'd like to get something with good quality. I'm still kind of a beginner, but I want something better than the cheap Squier I have. Right now I'm thinking about getting a Michael Kelly guitar since it seems that most people say that they outperform other guitars of comparable price, like an Epiphone or such, but I don't have any experience with them. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm looking at around a $400-600 price range.
If you have a job, I say stick with the guitar you have and save up a little bit more money. Get the guitar you really want to get, and then you wont have to upgrade again.
Well I do have a job and I'm sure I could get the money to buy a really good guitar, but I want it now.... lol. Well say if I was to go that route, what high end guitar would you recommend for playing hard rock and such?
im selling a Michael Kelly Patriot Glory for $350 used ($500 new), its in great condition and theres nothing wrong with it, I've had it for almost a year and only used it for bedroom playing and its done me good.
I'd go for a schecter, or save another 100 bucks and get an Ibanez Xiphos, with dimarzio pickups.
They are DEFINATELY worth the money.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
That's a tough range because you need a few hundred more bucks to get into the upper range guitars. What type of music do you play? Most of the time I recommend getting a used MIM Fender Strat/Tele, but if you're playing death metal, doesn't make sense.
Quote by Nimbus456
I'd go for a schecter, or save another 100 bucks and get an Ibanez Xiphos, with dimarzio pickups.
They are DEFINATELY worth the money.

I can't second this, as I've never played it, but a quick Guitar Center search shows it used for $400-500. You'll find that there are much more guitar options on a budget if you're willing to go used.
'08 Fender Deluxe Blackout Telecaster
'08 Squier Jagmaster w/ 2 DiMarzio PAFs (DP103/DP223)
'91 Seagull S6 CW Acoustic/Electric
Fender Super Champ XD
Digitech Whammy WH-4
EHX Big Muff Pi (NYC)
Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ