Page 1 of 2
sorry but I think they look absurd
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Yes, I think they look silly.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I think they look kinda silly. I only wear them when recording or something
If they aren't dr dre's, and you're not on a plane, they're silly.
"If you're going to try, go all the way. Otherwise don't even start..."
Charles Bukowski
I love them.

Not really.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
The only kind of headphones that like that I own are the sony headphones in my home studio, and the gaming headsets I own.

I would never dare to wear either in public!
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
ive seen people wearing them. I just assume they are audiophiles.

It does get annoying when you can hear their music though

edit: now that i think back, nearly all the people i saw with them just kinda head them over their necks, like an accessory....
sɹǝʇndɯoɔ ɥʇıʍ poob ʇou ɯı uʍop ǝpısdn sıɥʇ sı ʎɥʍ pob ɥo
Last edited by Outerspacegrass at Jun 27, 2010,
as far as a look goes, some people can pull it off. I wear big headphones, and happen to not be able to pull off a decent look. Why do I still wear them? Because I like them.

You shouldn't wear something/ not wear something just because you think others will think you look stupid.

tl;dr: I'm fine with them.
GUITARS
Jackson AT-1
Schecter Loomis-FR
Squier Stratocaster
BASSES
Jay Turser JTB-402
AMPS
Fender Super Champ XD
Washburn Mad Dog
PEDALS
Vox Satchurator

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Who cares... people can wear headphones if they want. It's up to them. It doesn't affect you or anyone else.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
I think they're enjoying some music. I don't really care what a persons headphones look like.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2
Those are a little bit redonkulous, but i wear a modestly sized pair of Sennheisers when i ride my bike, or the bus.

I think they look outrageously stupid.

Then again, if you're that concerned with the perceptions that people you happen across on the streets in a given day have of you you've got more problems than stupid looking headphones.
Quote by Cyborlox

You shouldn't wear something/ not wear something just because you think others will think you look stupid.

I dunno about that one.. it's definitely healthy to care what people think of you or we'd all shop at value village.
Last edited by Necronomicon at Jun 27, 2010,
I wear them all the time. I like music and having some nice quality headphones helps me enjoy it.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
I wear mine when I'm travelling. Way nicer sound than earbuds and who actually cares what people on the street think about how you look?
Quote by captaincrunk
Like this

When they're out? Like at the mall, or walking outside. Do you think they look silly? I have a pair of big over ear headphones like that but I'm afraid people think I look stupid.

When I see a set like those? Generally, my first impulse is to look around for a Delorean, cause they obviously don't realize its no longer 1985.

Now, earbuds or the like, like what Apple pawns off with iPods, those are fairly normal and expected.
Quote by Necronomicon
I dunno about that one.. it's definitely healthy to care what people think of you or we'd all shop at value village.

Point taken
GUITARS
Jackson AT-1
Schecter Loomis-FR
Squier Stratocaster
BASSES
Jay Turser JTB-402
AMPS
Fender Super Champ XD
Washburn Mad Dog
PEDALS
Vox Satchurator

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Necronomicon

Hey, I shop at value village... Seriously, I had an ex girlfriend get her prom dress there.
Over the ear headphones are fine. Although I prefer them to be sleeker than the ones in the OP. I like them a lot better than ear buds.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I love it when people dress flamboyantly and do things like that to stand out.

I'm all for it.
Honestly it looks kinda goofy. I don't really see the point of wearing those in public anyways. In your own home when listening to some quality music, sure. But on a crowded noisy subway on your way to work? I don't see why you need to have such high quality sound.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Honestly it looks kinda goofy. I don't really see the point of wearing those in public anyways. In your own home when listening to some quality music, sure. But on a crowded noisy subway on your way to work? I don't see why you need to have such high quality sound.

They kill almost all the other noise. It's hard to hear little earbuds on the subway. Plus we don't even have subways here.
I think it looks dumb and most people I see that wear that are usually very strange. If you're at home wear them, but for going out I'd get a nice pair of in ear headphones...I thought they were uncomfortable at first but I love them now and they sound amazing.

I think its pretty cool.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by captaincrunk
They kill almost all the other noise. It's hard to hear little earbuds on the subway. Plus we don't even have subways here.

Not really the smartest thing to do when you're out in public.
Check out my band Disturbed
Earbuds in public. Big headphones in private.

Why?

Earbuds are easier to carry.
Earbuds don't make you look stupid.
Earbuds still allow you to be semi-aware of the sounds around you.

Headphones are big and inconvenient to carry around.
Headphones have higher quality which you really don't need to worry about in public.
A lot of them block out a lot of sound and it can be a bad thing in some situations.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by captaincrunk
It's not like I'm in a battle or anything, just talking a walk.

Using your ears is almost as important as using your eyes when walking around in terms of safety.
MATTERHORN
They only look stupid if you're obviously projecting an image of discomfort by wearing them. If you couldn't care less what people think, it shows, and the phones'll look less stupid on you.

It helps if you have a solid music collection to warrant the purchase of sexy headphones. And if you produce or DJ, you're automatically entitled to big phones.
Last edited by xaviergray at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by captaincrunk
Like this

When they're out? Like at the mall, or walking outside. Do you think they look silly? I have a pair of big over ear headphones like that but I'm afraid people think I look stupid.

They look a little silly but they're much better quality and better for your ears then earbuds. If you know why you're doing I don't care. If you're doing it as some sort of fashion statement, you're an idiot.
Page 1 of 2