This dude wants to trade me an old Holiday(thats what he said) mini half stack. It has a long, height wise, cab and a head for my Dunlop Crybaby from hell. Do you guys think I should do it? I kinda just want to get it just to see what it sounds like and because it's vintage. But the guy doesn't really know much about, so who knows whether its good or not... I bought the Crybaby for 100$ used so I think its a good deal, as long as the amp works.

What do you guys' think?
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
You should at least test it before you make a decision.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
What the heck, if you don't need the pedal might as well get something else to play around with Could be interesting.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by classicrocker01
What the heck, if you don't need the pedal might as well get something else to play around with Could be interesting.

Thats the exact thing I'm thinking.

Its an old vintage amp, might sound cool. I dont need the pedal, been trying to get rid of it for months. As long as it works, I'll take it.

I've always wanted an old skool amp, just to see how they sound.
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570
Schecter Omen 6
ESP LTD Viper 400
Dean Dime From Hell

Amp
Peavey 5150
Vintage valve = good
Vintage SS normally means crap. It took quite a while before FET outputs became common, old ones normally had those nasty, nasaly BJT pieces of crap. Well, crap for audio anyway.
When it comes to old amps, if you don't see glowing bottles just rat it for parts.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification