Page 1 of 4
Inspired by the guys Paul Gilbert Thread

What famous musicians have you met?

I met Claudio Sanchez and Travis Stever at a Coheed & Cambria concert in May. Thats it though.

And you?
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
No one
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by ultimatedaver
Jimi Hendrix.

I licked his face. That counts, right?

i belive thats the first stack ive given. congrats.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Chris Cheney.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Well he's not a musician, but i've met this dude called "the undertaker" that goes to seriously every concert ever in the bay area, CA. like we've seen him in the pits at mayhem, 2 warped tours, and a dethklok show. He's always going in the opposite direction as the rest of the pit, pushing ppl out of his way with his left hand and high fiving his fans with his right.

EDIT: hes a big looking white guy, and he has a blue dyed beard if anyone else has seen him
Last edited by sporkman7 at Jun 28, 2010,
I've touched Papa Hetfield and Robert Zombie. That count?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by pwrmax
Alex Lifeson, just randomly in Toronto one day.

oh, wow, MASSIVE envy.

my uncle is a close friend of allan holdsworth. i'm waiting for the opportunity to have a chat with such a legend...whenever he comes back to NYC.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Guthrie Govan & The guys from Trivium.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
I met Bill Kelliher of Mastodon in a parking lot outside the Palladium in Worcester, MA after the New England Metal Fest. I shat a brick before composing myself, but he's a real nice guy.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Reverend Horton Heat.

Turns out he's actually my friends cousin...

^^ my first smilies stack ^^
I saw the singer for Vampire Weekend walking around in New York.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Lajon from Sevendust at a club watching another band perform.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Paul Gilbert, the full of Diamondhead, Gene Hoglan, Byron Stroud, Burton C. Bell, Dino Cazares, all of Brutal Truth... em, can't think who else.
everyone from kataklysm, blackguard, ensiferum, nightwish, tim roth and stu block from into eternity, singer from belphegor, mutiny within, and i think some more but im not sure right now. I get very lucky when i go to concerts :P

edit: Also i met necrophagist
Self proclaimed prophets are great people...
Satch and George Thorogood
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
willie adler of lamb of god. i chilled with his son and we played some xbox and had a few shots of whiskey.

also, my uncle's father in law grew up with jaco pastorious. he said jaco used to follow him and his brother around so they pushed him in a canal one day.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Jun 28, 2010,
My mom told me and her met Ted Nugent when I was a baby. I guess he was singing autographs and he ended up getting friendly with my mom. She said he was carrying me on his shoulders and shit.

Not a musician, but my band has done work at the same studio Eminem goes to in Michigan. I've met his engineers.

My grandpa's brother was good friends with Johnny Cash when they were young. He told me they used to smoke weed under bridges and stuff.
Quote by funkbass369
willie adler of lamb of god. i chilled with his son and we played some xbox and had a few shots of whiskey.

You, sir, are underage.

FOUL PLAY! FOUL PLAY, I CRY TO THE HEAVENS!!!

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
All of:

Story of the Year

I went bowling with Saosin

I've hung out with Fred Mascherino (formerly of Taking Back Sunday) on multiple occasions

I've been on both Attack Attack!'s and Breathe Carolina's tour buses

Say Anything

Muse

Avenged Sevenfold

Motion City Soundtrack

Streetlight Manifesto

and countless other during meet-and-greets
Steve Vai and Scale the Summit. Soon after I was born I was blessed/baptized by Eric Clapton if that counts. Steve Velez from the Vitamin String Quartet (they were the ones who did the Dream Theater CD, along with over 300 other releases) played in my band for a few shows. He is the best musician as well as the coolest guy I have ever met, besides maybe Vai, but I'm a little biased because Vai is in my family lol.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by TheReverend724

Streetlight Manifesto

FUUUUUUUUUUU-
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by sadSTATUE
FUUUUUUUUUUU-

NNNNN ?

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
-Met the guys from Nile
-Met the guys from Abigail Williams
-Met the guys from Krisiun
-Met the guys from Luna Mortis
-Met Phil and Oli from All That Remains
-Met John (the singer) from Warbringer
-Met Brian Fair from Shadows Fall
-Fixing to meet Nevermore in August/September
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Twist of fate
I've met The Summer Set, Nevershoutnever, and Ke$ha. I actually told my girlfriend that I kissed Kesha and she believed it. lolololol

If that is true, then you might want to get checked for every STD under the sun... maybe even a few alien suns.
Gear

Guitars: '02 Ibanez Jem 7vwh
ESP LTD Alexi 600 Yellow
Ibanez RG560CA w/ SD Invader
Carvin DC747 Vintage Yellow
Ibanez RGA 8 QM w/ Dimarzio D-Active and PAF 8
Washburn KC-70v
Bass: 1980 Aria Pro II SB Elite II
Amps: Vox VT20+
Last edited by Wolf 6 at Jun 28, 2010,
Frank Sidebottom, well actually he's the only famous person I've ever met and I barely remember it. He died last week though.
Quote by Wolf 6
If that is true, then you might want to get checked for every STD under the sun... maybe even a few alien suns.

What, her being a female pop star makes her a slut?

OT:

I meet loads of people in bands that I go see, because loads of them aren't actually that famous and like to actually hang out with their fans... But as for "famous" musicians:

Johnny Marr
All of The Cribs (I class this as seperate from Johnny Marr)
Bumped into Chad Gilbert from New Found Glory in the afternoon before a gig in the street.
Very very very briefly spoke to Eva from Rolo Tomassi (did ejactulate 4 times during this encounter though )
Aaaaand I met all of The Mighty Boosh if that counts?
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
What, her being a female pop star makes her a slut?

I love pop music and pop stars, but I will say that she does look kind of like a prostitute.

I've met Ted Nugent, the dudes from this deathcore band Chelsea Grin, and the vocalist of The Red Chord when my buddy's brother-in-law's band played with them in Louisville.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I love pop music and pop stars, but I will say that she does look kind of like a prostitute.

Meh, a little bit. It's still a ridiculous thing to say though
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by angusfan16
-Met the guys from Nile
-Met the guys from Abigail Williams
-Met the guys from Krisiun
-Met the guys from Luna Mortis
-Met Phil and Oli from All That Remains
-Met John (the singer) from Warbringer
-Met Brian Fair from Shadows Fall
-Fixing to meet Nevermore in August/September

Bastard.

OT: I met Burton C. Bell from Fear Factory. (Well, he shook my hand right after the song because I was in the front row, if you wanna count that as meeting him... lmao) But that's it. : /
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God
Last edited by DragTheWaters11 at Jun 28, 2010,
I met Dino at Divine Heresy, everyone from Kataklysm, and Rob and Matt Devries from Chimaira all in the same night lol.

I met Jamie from the absence, helmuth from belphegor, petri from ensiferum, and i got a poster signed by everyone in amon amarth again all in the same night I was so happy lol.

Other musicians, I met Anders from in flames at gigantour, the lead singer from god forbid, chris and will adler at a signing, james malone and nick cordell at Arsis, gary and Lee from Exodus and I think that's it. I wanted to meet arch enemy and children of bodom though and I've seen them live so many times already lol.
Page 1 of 4