Should i get a Rickenbacker 620 or 330?

Both are 6 string and i'm looking for a jangle sound.

i play anything exept metal.
buy one for yourself and the other for me.

but seriously, i would go with the 330 myself, because of the hollow body. although the 620 looks better imo.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
The stereotypical "jangle sound" associated with Rickenbackers comes from 12 strings. A 6 string Ric will pretty much sound like a single coil Fender or the likes. Not that you can't kind of "jangle" with any of those, just sayin'.

The 330 is hollow, but it's such a stiff and stable design with the thick maple walls, it'll mostly behave like a solidbody, or think Tele thinlines. They're not feedback prone.
The stereotypical "jangle sound" associated with Rickenbackers comes from 12 strings. A 6 string Ric will pretty much sound like a single coil Fender or the likes. Not that you can't kind of "jangle" with any of those, just sayin'.

Well i've seen numerous videos of these wonderful guitars and i totally hear a jangle in both and they are indeed 6 string.
If you want me to post videos i will.
You lucky bastard.

Most of the big-name Ric players favor the 300 models. I've never played one myself, but I'd imagine a lot of that tonal character comes from the semi-hollow construction as much as the pickups. To my ears, the solidbodies (as played by Mike Campbell of the Heartbreakers, for example) don't really have the same ring, although I've never heard a proper A/B comparison.

My personal favorites are probably the 370/12 RM and 360. Listening to too much R.E.M. and Peter Buck's Jetglo jangle machine is what made me pick up a guitar in the first place.
Quote by Tinderwet
A 6 string Ric will pretty much sound like a single coil Fender or the likes.

lolwut?

i haven't tried any ricky 12-strings, but the 330 i tried had plenty of jangle and sounded like a ricky to me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
lolwut?

i haven't tried any ricky 12-strings, but the 330 i tried had plenty of jangle and sounded like a ricky to me.

Well what can I say. People hear what they want to hear, especially when they listen with their eyes.
ya ok. it didn't sound anything like a fender. i might be listening with my eyes, but your're listening by the specs. that's not to say the 12 string won't have more jangle, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?