HOw do i play seperate strings together. for example if i want to play low e string and d string whilst playing with a pick, what do i do and how do i practice this. thanks
You pluck them with your fingers instead of pick or just play one of the separate notes.
Prog <3
play low e with the pick and d with ur 3rd string.
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
I like to mute the strings I dont want to play with my free fingers...I pick all the strings but only let the strings I need to ring out
That'd be hybrid picking, I believe. Pick one string with said pick and the other string with your index or middle finger.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
If you mean you wanted to play 5th fret low e and 7th fret d, the easiest thing for me is to have my first finger on the 5th fret also lghtly lay over top of the A string to mute it.
if you wanted to use a pick while doing you could use a technique called chicken picking or you could use a thumbpick and fingerpick for that section only
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by grizzli1994
play low e with the pick and d with ur 3rd string.

Say what?

Quote by jake-poulter
HOw do i play seperate strings together. for example if i want to play low e string and d string whilst playing with a pick, what do i do and how do i practice this. thanks

You can play the low E with your pick, and the other string(s) with your fingers.
It's called hybrid picking. Try the middle finger for that D string.
There are quite a few ways depending on context.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.