Rough demo on my profile. Second song down, might wanna turn off my playlist further down though xD

Updating to show the two recordings of our practice. Updated Nothing But Void, and our second song, which is being renamed "Shackles"

Nothing But Void
Heavy Wood/Shackles

And here's our band page if you wanna find us again I got the sound from the vids and put them on MP3.
http://artists.ultimate-guitar.com/humanextinctionattack/
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Aug 17, 2011,
Hi, it's a powerful metal song, I think it's good. The vocals remember me of Chimaira's singer !

There are good riffs, but the recording quality is a little poor. The riff starting at 0:46 is a bit sloppy.

I heard some Chimaira and Gojira influences, no?

Overall, it's a good song, just try to record it with better quality.

C4C ? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1329383
You have no clue how hard that riff is lol! I wrote it like a year ago and was just re-learning it and we were recording on 2 hours of practice. Main influences were actually more along the lines of Skeletonwitch, and Gabe's vocals just evolved over time. Badass comparison though, thank you! We're probably gonna re-do i t once we get reaper on the comp and do each instrument individually, and maybe double up the guitars or add bass.

*checks out the tune*

EDIT: Oh yeah! The one thing I really dug when I first heard Gojira was those 4th fret harmonics on the top strings. Got that from Gojira and Behemoth, and I do it from time to time

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Jun 28, 2010,
I would go to one of your shows and would have to kill somethins
ok listening to HEAVY WOOD

I like how it gets going! It's not the standard stuff for the genre. Obviously the recording quality is that of a camera microphone, no big deal. I ENJOY how its switching between all these times. It's too bad there is no BASS PLAYER because that would really help out the drummer on his thudding kick patterns.

vocalist is pretty tight, good on him! Maybe he could have some more words!

return the luv, my bruv

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1464675

sub on the YT and they will too
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Last edited by nightwind at Jul 28, 2011,
Touke: That is a glowing compliment, thank you

Nightwind: His lines are up to him. I beg him to put more lyrical content in the tunes, but we come from a plethora of backgrounds:

Me: Melodeath, thrash, power metal.
Ethan (guitars): Tech death, deathcore, grindcore.
Gabe (vocals): Hardcore, powerviolence, grind, thrash
Trey (drums): Grunge, stoner, doom.

So Gabe's lyrical content limitation is set only by himself. I think he sees himself mainly as another instrument as opposed to a poet

Thanks for the crit, though! I'll check your stuff out.

Stupid name.

I'm really digging this stuff, particularly the heavy wood video. The riffs are heavy but more sludge then doomy, keeping the tempo a little more up beat. The transitions into the fast parts seem pretty smooth as well. I definitely see the Skeletonwitch influences. Great job overall. Need a bassist though haha.
We got our bassist learning the stuff and writing his own on the side Got some more sludgy thrash in another tune with some tech death coming out in another, and yet a third with some oldschool thrash influence. Thanks

Stupid name.

sorry for the late crit, been caught up with work.

there is definitely a thrash feel to both songs, and from what the camcorder mic is telling me, you guys have good guitar tone. the drummer has some good bass drum work going on too. can't hear the vocals too well, so i can't really give him the proper crit he deserves.

get this stuff recorded! now!
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
We will as soon as we can get a couple more songs finished and our singer out of chemo

Need monies too >.>

Thanks for the crit and compliments, guys! Keep it comin

Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Aug 3, 2011,
Quote by Shinozoku
We will as soon as we can get a couple more songs finished and our singer out of chemo

Need monies too >.>

Thanks for the crit and compliments, guys! Keep it comin

your singer is in chemo? that really sucks. hope all is going well with him.
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
His break from radiation is almost up and he goes to chemo Friday. The brain tumor is actually in the video, giving him a severe migraine

Thank you for the thoughts though, I'll pass it on! He's just basically biding his time until he can get back to music xD

Stupid name.

Pretty ace riffage! I like the very thrashy feel of the songs as a whole with some dashes of metallic hardcore. Quality is not that bad actually considering it's being captured on camera. Very tight knit playing guys, I didn't hear a single mistake. The only minor gripe I have is that the vocalist could be a more versatile, like dabble in the high and lows a bit to give more diversity. Pretty sick, good luck with that!