Hey guys, today I was told I had to write a solo for this song as the school ensemble will be performing it soon. I've spent a long time trying to find out what scale fits over this, and nothing I've tried works. I've have a fair amount of practice at improv soloing, and I never usually have any problems, but this is time nothing seems to fit.

Help UG? Music night is approaching fast.
E bebop major
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Quote by franky01
Hey guys, today I was told I had to write a solo for this song as the school ensemble will be performing it soon. I've spent a long time trying to find out what scale fits over this, and nothing I've tried works. I've have a fair amount of practice at improv soloing, and I never usually have any problems, but this is time nothing seems to fit.

Help UG? Music night is approaching fast.

Don't worry too much about scales on that one, just follow the chords.

Or hunt down Neil Zaza's track "Miller's Atomic Mood Swing" for inspiration
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
If I was in your position I would write a solo which works with those chords. Whilst one scale may help you for some parts of the song, when a foreign chord comes in, alter your note template to accommodate for it.

And that basically means play around until you find something good.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud