I've come to think that I'm the only one who finds this inappropriate. There's this fellow in the same office as me, and every now and again I'm delighted with the melodic sound of mucus forcefully coming out of his nostrils. Lovely.

I've also noticed that people sometimes do it in restaurants too, while sitting near people who are eating. What the hell? Go to the bathroom, asshole/bitch! Why is this acceptable? Why not wipe our asses in public as well, while we're at it?

Opinions?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I like to use the hair of the person sitting in front of me on the bus.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
lololololo
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
You know what sounds even worse than blowing your nose?

Bitching.

Everyone blows their nose from time to time, and I don't see why hearing someone else do something you do yourself is such a big deal.
It doesn't even produce a smell or anything, like farting does.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 28, 2010,
In public it's ok but I'd rather you didn't at the dinnertable.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
In public it's ok but I'd rather you didn't at the dinnertable.

pretty much this.
Albums I Must Obtain
Call me Paul. I prefer that.
Quote by fretsonfire74
I think you're my soulmate
I have other things to think about than other people's mucus, so I don't really care.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by Mad Marius
Opinions?

Whine, whine, whine. And more whining.

Blowing your nose is natural, and although the sound of it isn't pleasant, only a spoiled and faint-hearted kid could compare it to wiping your ass in public. I see nothing wrong with blowing your nose in public unless it's five times per minute. Do you really think people should hide? Most of the time, you can't even control it.

Quit bitching, bro.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
It's only acceptable in a washroom. I don't want to hear you blowing your nose, and neither does any one else.
Quote by CoreysMonster
You know what sounds even worse than blowing your nose?

Bitching.

Everyone blows their nose from time to time, and I don't see why hearing someone else do something you do yourself is such a big deal.
It doesn't even produce a smell or anything, like farting does.

Agreed.

Also the farmer's blow is the most offensive way to blow your nose.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by CoreysMonster

I just find it rude and disruptive when I'm concentrating on work and someone does it 3 meters away from me.

Quote by Astyan

Blowing your nose is natural, and although the sound of it isn't pleasant, only a spoiled and faint-hearted kid could compare it to wiping your ass in public.

Oh please. From a social etiquette point of view I don't think the comparison is so far-fetched.

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Last edited by Mad Marius at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by Mad Marius
I just find it rude and disruptive when I'm concentrating on work and someone does it 3 meters away from me.

well, have you told him that it bothers you?

EDIT: of course, it also depends on the kind of blow.

If it's a soft "pfffft" into a tissue, I don't see the problem.

However, when it sounds like this:

I can see your problem if it's done constantly.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by Mad Marius
Oh please. From a social etiquette point of view I don't think the comparison is so far-fetched.

Let's see... no smell, no nudity involved, hard to refrain, often linked to a sickness like the flu, or allergies.

Yet, it is far-fetched.
---

---
Quote by Minkaro
The what now?

Is that where you press one nostril with the finger, and blast the mucus out the other with a sharp snort?

Yup. Highly disgusting when aimed.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by CoreysMonster
well, have you told him that it bothers you?

EDIT: of course, it also depends on the kind of blow.

If it's a soft "pfffft" into a tissue, I don't see the problem.

However, when it sounds like this:

I can see your problem if it's done constantly.

Yeah it's like a vuvuzela, but with the added bonus of gross mucus.

Quote by Astyan
Let's see... no smell, no nudity involved, hard to refrain, often linked to a sickness like the flu, or allergies.

Yet, it is far-fetched.

Anatomically there is a difference, but socially, not that much.

And if it's hard to refrain, go to the goddamn bathroom.

You wouldn't fart in public, you wouldn't burp in public, you wouldn't pick wax out of your ears in public, blowing your nose is in the same zip code (or was it "in the same ballpark"?).

Last edited by Mad Marius at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by Mad Marius
Anatomically there is a difference, but socially, not that much.

And if it's hard to refrain, go to the goddamn bathroom.

You wouldn't fart in public, you wouldn't burp in public, you wouldn't pick wax out of your ears in public, blowing your nose is in the same zip code (or was it "in the same ballpark"?).

Well, grow a pair then.

J/k, I'm only messing with you.

I don't agree, but it can definitely be annoying, I'll give you that. I'm blowing my nose right now, by the way.
---

---
I agree with TS. I prefer the sniffing tbh.
My gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Ebony
Roland Cube-30
Boss TU-80
Crappy acoustic
Quote by Astyan
Well, grow a pair then.

J/k, I'm only messing with you.

I don't agree, but it can definitely be annoying, I'll give you that. I'm blowing my nose right now, by the way.

I don;t have a problem with it. But then, I'm only partially irrational, not wholly so.
Quote by CoreysMonster

---

---
Quote by Astyan
Whine, whine, whine. And more whining.

Blowing your nose is natural, and although the sound of it isn't pleasant, only a spoiled and faint-hearted kid could compare it to wiping your ass in public. I see nothing wrong with blowing your nose in public unless it's five times per minute. Do you really think people should hide? Most of the time, you can't even control it.

Quit bitching, bro.

This. Go cry moar ts.
What are they supposed to do? Wipe drips on their sleeves? Keep loudly sniffing it back up there? Quit whining.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
Do you really expect him to go to the bathroom every time he needs to blow his nose? If one had a cold, one would have to spend at least 50% of the time in the bathroom.

TS, that's ridonkulous.
I've nothing against it, although I can't help but get either irritated or amused when this one bloke in my History course does it. I use to sit behind him, and once he managed to block out every sound in the room, including the teacher's voice, for a full ten seconds with his foghorn-like blowing.

Took me a good minute to be able to follow the conversation again, both because I was stifling a hysteric laughing fit and also because I hadn't the foggiest what the teacher had said in that span of time.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Last edited by we_built_a_tree at Jun 28, 2010,
it kind of irritates me, it's just a really horrible noise. but then there are lots of those and that's what happens when you're around people, so meh.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
It's better than having to listen to them sit there sniffing constantly.

Quit yo' bitchin', foo'.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
i once wiped my ass in public
a band threw toilet paper in the audience.. i couldn't help it..
Quote by palefire
Should point out that Doctor Rock has a point, by the way - we do have some of the biggest nutters (usually in a funny way) in the country.

Londons Burning!
dahdahdahdahdah!

Seriously, TS.
THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Drive! Drive on down the field, men of the scarlet and gray...
I'm an
Engeneer
Enginere
Engenere
I'm good with math.

a0/2 + ∑ an cos(nπx/L) + bn sin(nπx/L)

ĤΨ(x,t) = iħ ∂Ψ(x,t)/∂t
σx σp ≥ h/2