Hey guys, i recently turned 18 and for my birthday my dad gave me the 12-string acoustic guitar that he's just finished making from scratch. Its an absolutely brilliant instrument but i dont know any 12-string songs outside of ocean by john butler. I really wanna do it justice.

Any help is much appreciated.
Suicide Note Part 1 by Pantera is a twelve string, also happy birthday!
Pretty much Tim Buckley's entire career up until '72 or so saw him playing one.

There is also Leadbelly, who made it his prime instrument.

A lot of Tom Petty is either on 12-string electric or acoustic.
Once fixed a toilet with an old trombone...
Pretty much any acoustic song will sound good when played 12-string. Play around and experiment with different songs to find ones that you like.
most or all songs from sublimes acoustic album "Bradley Nowell & friends" he uses a 12 string.

really any acoustic song is gonna sound good, maybe even better, on a 12 string.
wow nice piece. and your dad made it?!? looks very professional. He should get into producing these. for a decent price i would be very interested in purchasing one. A buddy lent me his fender 12 string for about 3 months but moved and unfortunatly took it with him. your one lucky son of a ....guitar maker.
Quote by mullet_318
wow nice piece. and your dad made it?!? looks very professional. He should get into producing these. for a decent price i would be very interested in purchasing one. A buddy lent me his fender 12 string for about 3 months but moved and unfortunatly took it with him. your one lucky son of a ....guitar maker.

Haha yeah, cheers. Everything wooden he crafted himself, from the heel to the bridge. When he gave it to me I can honestly say it was the happiest moment of my life. I would put up an audio clip but my microphone records with a crazy hiss.