Hi, I didn't know where else to post this but I need some advice.

When playing the High e string between the 7th fret to about the 16th the tone is off. Its hard to explain but basically the notes aren't very clear. Almost like the string is rattling against something (sorry for the poor description).

I replaced the strings last about 2 months ago with some cheap strings because that is all I could afford. I have bought some new Dunlop Gauge 9 strings today and I plan to restring it tonight to see if that solves the problem.

However should replacing the strings fail to fix the problem, my knowledge of repairing guitars is very limited. So I ask if there is anything else it might be that you guys can think of?

It is a Ibanez but I am afraid I do not know the model. I brought it second hand off a friend and cannot find a image of it on the Ibanez website.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers
your frets need leveling or perhaps you have a fret coming up. Regardless, taking it to a tech is your best bet anyway. Finally, ESP>Ibanez. Sorry, but I had to.
If its a floyd rose try raising the string at the trem. I had this problem a few weeks ago
Quote by 100%
If its a floyd rose try raising the string at the trem. I had this problem a few weeks ago

Most Ibanezs lack Floyds and use cheap imitation Edge bridges. And since this is perhaps an older model I would say that is def the case.
Also, perhaps you are in need of a truss rod adjustment. Again, a tech would be your best bet.
Thanks. I am certain that attempting it myself would be fatal to my guitar and it has been a trusty axe for quite awhile. I will get it to a Tech. Thanks again.
Quote by Shaven_head
Thanks. I am certain that attempting it myself would be fatal to my guitar and it has been a trusty axe for quite awhile. I will get it to a Tech. Thanks again.

Welcome man
Quote by guitarmack1
your frets need leveling or perhaps you have a fret coming up. Regardless, taking it to a tech is your best bet anyway. Finally, ESP>Ibanez. Sorry, but I had to.
I would have to disagree there.

Quote by guitarmack1
Most Ibanezs lack Floyds and use cheap imitation Edge bridges. And since this is perhaps an older model I would say that is def the case.
It really depends how much you paid for it. The edge 3 bridges are agreeably shite (though as floyd knock offs go, they're not that bad) but if you have the higher end guitars then you get something which is arguably better than a real floyd, for example the ZR2 on my guitar. OFR's are getting pretty poor these days and you're better off getting a schaller licensed one instead.
Quote by pot head pyro
I would have to disagree there.

It really depends how much you paid for it. The edge 3 bridges are agreeably shite (though as floyd knock offs go, they're not that bad) but if you have the higher end guitars then you get something which is arguably better than a real floyd, for example the ZR2 on my guitar. OFR's are getting pretty poor these days and you're better off getting a schaller licensed one instead.

There is no way in hell a ZR2 is better than a Schaller original Floyd rose.
Quote by guitarmack1
There is no way in hell a ZR2 is better than a Schaller original Floyd rose.
They really aren't what they used to be, secondly have you ever used a ZR tremolo?