Ok, I admit that I am sort of clueless when it comes to overdrive boosting etc..but I need some help here.

I scored a keeley modded DS-1 to add a boost during solos.

I play through the ultra high gain channel on a marshall DSL 2000 with the gain rolled back to about 10-11 o clock (its the only channel that has a smoother and deeper sound). on my DS-1, I have my level knob set to max, distortion set to 0 however, when I play with the boost, it does not sound that much boosted at all?. I run it in front of amp, not in the FX loop.

am I doing it wrong?
Current Gear

Bogner Uberschall
Mesa Dual Rectifier (Old Version)
Orange Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's
PRS Custom 24 Top 10 with 57/08 pickups
Schecter Hellraiser
Breedlove Atlas AD20
A bunch of pedals
^Yes, but I was recommended that pedal as a volume boost. And apparently it has the function, somewhere.
Current Gear

Bogner Uberschall
Mesa Dual Rectifier (Old Version)
Orange Closed Back 2x12 Cab with V30's
PRS Custom 24 Top 10 with 57/08 pickups
Schecter Hellraiser
Breedlove Atlas AD20
A bunch of pedals
Youll be wanting an overdrive such as a tubescreamer or a clean boost, my fave boost is the ehx lpb-1. I did the same thing few years ago, distortion pedals dont make great boosters, and ds-1's just dont have the output. Still, you have a keely ds-1, and an excuse to buy a new pedal, how bad!! =)
You need something with a bigger volume boost, like the LPB-1.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Distortion pedals can be used for tightening your sound in the same way an overdrive can, they'll just colour your tone more and don't work in exactly the same way.

Try putting the toggle switch in the down position (I think) then turning the level up high and the distortion down low (start at 0 and work your way up if you need to).
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
are you looking for more volume or more saturation? because if you have enough gain going into the preamp already, you're not going to hear much of a volume boost. if anything you'll just get more sustain, gain, noise, etc.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
wha i do with my os2 is i put the tone where i want my lead sound. right now, it is about the same sound as when the pedal is off.

then with my overdive distortion knob (you would just use distortion) you set the tone you want by how much of a distorted sound you want your leads to have.

and then, let the level with the appropriate boost. its not going to be a clean boost (ie- not coloring tone). this way will give your boost not just a louder sound but more gain).

my OS-2 has 4 knobs though. i set level for volume, tone for overall tone, distortion/overdrive for the kind of sound i want, and gain for well...how much gain i want that overdrive/distortion to have. has a tone of possibilities with that extra knob.

for just a clean boost? seems like what your doing is right. distortion all teh way down, level up. if not, try turning the distortion knob up a tiny bit and it should become slightly more boosted. maybe not....thats what i use my gain knob for.

or for 40 bucks an EH LPB-1, or for 60 bucks an MXR 6 band EQ pedal.