Okay so I have two amps one bass amp 50watt yorkville and the other is a line 6 flextone 3 plus. I play strictly metal but sometimes I go clean. I play bass in a band and we're starting to gig. On guitar I write some songs for the band and mostly practice for maybe a future opportunity to be a guitarist. Now I was wondering if I should sell both of those amps (which personally I do not like) and buy one huge bass amp to use for both my guitar and bass playing, but when I play guitar I run distortion pedals and effects to achieve my sound. Or should I buy two separate amps that will do the job as best as they can?
Honestly i'd just buy a decent bass amp for your bass. Bass amps for guitar amps work ok with pedals in front of it for practice but as an actual amp in band you won't cut threw the mix because obviously a bass amp is designed to handle the bass frequencys. Get a proper guitar amp at a later date IMO. You cant really play bass through a guitar amp though as if you crank it you'll probably blow your speaker And it will sound crap
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Jun 28, 2010,
ty for replying, I will buy the big bass amp and later on buy a good guitar amp
There are many loud, clean amps that do guitar and bass equally well, but there are barely any that are in production today.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments