hey

i want to start recording some of the songs iv wriiten. so about a months ago i bought a behringer uca222 and then download kristal software to record and edit my music on because im poor. but i have a major problem holding me back, when ever i record something it records really quiet, like almost no sound at all, o i turn the tracks audio level up full and you can still barely hear it. iv tried looking around the programe and watched a youtube tutorial of it, but no luck.

does anyone know how to fix my problem.

and if not can you recomend me another programme thats free and safe.
not sure how to fix it becuase i also just got kristal but you can use audactiy instead... its really really limited tho

edit: actually go into your control panel, find the audio manager and check the input level of your mic... you are using a mic right?
Last edited by rickyj at Jun 28, 2010,
The only thing I can think to ask is if you've turned the "volume" dial up on the uca222. If you have, it sounds like something wrong in your signal chain. How are you recording, just guitar>jack>phono splitter?behringer>computer?
Quote by piop
The only thing I can think to ask is if you've turned the "volume" dial up on the uca222. If you have, it sounds like something wrong in your signal chain. How are you recording, just guitar>jack>phono splitter?behringer>computer?

well i have used with logic before and with the peavey revailver and its worked fine, its just kristal
And does it still work with those programs? Maybe you could download some alternatives like Audacity and Reaper and check it there? You've just got to try and narrow down what it is you see.
Quote by piop
And does it still work with those programs? Maybe you could download some alternatives like Audacity and Reaper and check it there? You've just got to try and narrow down what it is you see.

i have audacity but it doesnt do enough. i was a bit confused by reaper with everyone saying its free but then the site saying its only free for 30 days. could you enlighten me on that?

right, im looking at the preference settings on kristal for playback it has 4 options to tick, these are:

speakers (realtech highdefinition)
realtech hdmi output
realtech digital output
speakers (behringer usb wmd audio)

and they are all ticked.

could it be anything to do with this?

this is sound there when i record, its just really quiet, even when i put track volume to full.
Last edited by jkielq91 at Jun 28, 2010,
Sorry I'm not really able to be much help without being familiar with Kristal or your set up. Did you come across a fix?