I searched, and nothing came up, which is mighty odd. There's a thread somewhere obviously, I mean how could there not be? It's fvcking W.A.S.P.

What do you all make of this band? I love the tits out of their first two albums, though I don't much like the rest. Not as much as the first two, anyway. The first two had balls enough to tangle with any other poof-ish hair band, catchy-memorable songs, and the band was vicious and metal-as-fvck. Only Blackie on bass is real!

Favorite glam band EVER.

I'M A WILDCHILD, COME AND LOVE ME, I WANT YOOOUUUUUU

lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
A homework hell-house screams at me "MAAAKE THE GRAAAAAADE!"

It's lovely that they're held in higher regard to bands like Ratt and Poison. Even when Wasp did Glam-it-up, they did it better than anyone else. I'm shocked Hold On to My Heart isn't a staple in Romance films yet
Quote by The Wildchild
Favorite glam band EVER.

I'M A WILDCHILD, COME AND LOVE ME, I WANT YOOOUUUUUU

They are NOT a Glam Metal band, there was nothing Glam about them.

People like to get that confused.

W.A.S.P. is a Heavy Metal band.

Glam Metal is Poison pretty looking guys and had a poppy feel too the music.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
I didn't know there were glam elitists...

My sincerest apologies.

lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Quote by NGMF-Sam
They are NOT a Glam Metal band, there was nothing Glam about them.

People like to get that confused.

W.A.S.P. is a Heavy Metal band.

Glam Metal is Poison pretty looking guys and had a poppy feel too the music.

Well they're not pretty at all.

lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
Quote by lights bane

yeah dude the only one in that picture Stet who could pass for it, there was nothing glam about them mabye Johnny Rods hair.

Priest wore leather, had long hair, that doesn't make them glam.

They're music is heavy metal they didnt join the Glam Scene they existed as Sister in the late 70s.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Quote by NGMF-Sam
yeah dude the only one in that picture Stet who could pass for it, there was nothing glam about them mabye Johnny Rods hair.

Priest wore leather, had long hair, that doesn't make them glam.

They're music is heavy metal they didnt join the Glam Scene they existed as Sister in the late 70s.

Oh **** off twat. So you're telling me songs like Forever Free, Hold On To My Heart, I Don't Need No Doctor and Scream Until You Like It don't have pop elements? Stop cluttering up the thread with shit, no one cares if they're glam or not.

Back on topic, I bought The Crimson Idol a year ago after hearing so much about it being a work of immense genius, but found it massively underwhelming. There are some cool ideas (The Great Misconseptions of Me in particular, the way the song is made up of all the others from the album as if to reflect on the past) and wonderful vocals by Blackie (The Gypsy Meets The Boy anyone?), but this whole album suffers from a horrible case of "Maiden-itis" in which the guitar-progressions stick to, for the most part, the E5 D5 C5 D5 E5 progression. The drumming however, oh lord the drumming.. this is some of the worst drumming I've heard on any album. The Fills every 10 seconds just completely ruins any rhythm the songs have going for them. I wouldn't mind so much if they were good fills, but these are just annoying little rolls on the rack toms. It's like the drummer (one of the two, anyway) WANTED to piss me off listening to this record. Massively over-rated album.
AHHH WILL IT FEED MY HUNNGERRR
IFFF I SWALLOW LIES RIGHT DOWN MY THROAT!!
WILL IT CHOKKEE MEE TILL I'M RAWW!

Then that ****ing awesome little solo comes in.

Damn W.A.S.P are a brilliant band, especially The Crimson Idol and Inside the Electric Circus. I wouldn't call them glam either, they had the image but most of the music just sounds like heavy metal.
Ive got that Inside The Electric Circus/Headless Children 2cd thingy... good for a blast of excellent cheesy heavy metal. Never really bothered hearing the rest of their stuff though!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by lights bane
Oh **** off twat. So you're telling me songs like Forever Free, Hold On To My Heart, I Don't Need No Doctor and Scream Until You Like It don't have pop elements? Stop cluttering up the thread with shit, no one cares if they're glam or not.

Back on topic, I bought The Crimson Idol a year ago after hearing so much about it being a work of immense genius, but found it massively underwhelming. There are some cool ideas (The Great Misconseptions of Me in particular, the way the song is made up of all the others from the album as if to reflect on the past) and wonderful vocals by Blackie (The Gypsy Meets The Boy anyone?), but this whole album suffers from a horrible case of "Maiden-itis" in which the guitar-progressions stick to, for the most part, the E5 D5 C5 D5 E5 progression. The drumming however, oh lord the drumming.. this is some of the worst drumming I've heard on any album. The Fills every 10 seconds just completely ruins any rhythm the songs have going for them. I wouldn't mind so much if they were good fills, but these are just annoying little rolls on the rack toms. It's like the drummer (one of the two, anyway) WANTED to piss me off listening to this record. Massively over-rated album.

LOL kid learn your music before you try and start an argument.
Gear:
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Quote by ikey_
Glam or not, whatever.
Easily one of my favorite bands, I don't think they've every really released a bad record. SOOOOOO good live as well.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by NGMF-Sam
LOL kid learn your music before you try and start an argument.

Picked up Still Not Black Enough today. Damn good stuff, surprisingly, loving the hell out of it.

And for those that haven't picked up their first record, I highly recommend it just for I Wanna Be Somebody alone. Monster tune that gets every head banging!
I still LOVE The Headless Children, The Crimson Idol, their self titled and The Last Command no matter how many times I listen to them.
hoimhi0et0hm03oi