I'm into stuff like my bloody valentine, no age, etc... General kind of melodic noise.

I want to get a new amp but am wondering what sounds good for the genre? I use lots of reverb, delay and a fuzz factory so I think the amp needs a really clear tone and not too naturally overdriven. I use a vox ac15 right now and it's a bit crunchy for me. Weight's kind of important too.

I'll been using the amp at home, and live, although live will mainly be mic'd (in 90% of cases).

Been looking at a Fender Princeton Reverb, is this the right one or are there other, better options?

Thanks!
Last edited by jmeager at Nov 15, 2010,
I would suggest a fender dual reverb. It produces that dreamy sound you're looking for.
Gear

Fender Mustang

Fender Telecaster

Fender Frontman 212R

Johnson Marquis JM60

Devi Ever Rocket

Boss Super Phaser

Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95

Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (NYC)
Quote by HeadHunter241
I would suggest a fender dual reverb. It produces that dreamy sound you're looking for.

Thanks. Do you mean Fender Twin? They're very expensive (over £1K) and very very heavy, not really what I need right now.
Quote by jmeager
Thanks. Do you mean Fender Twin? They're very expensive (over £1K) and very very heavy, not really what I need right now.

sounds like ya need a very clean amp, and sense the twin is out of your price range i'd recommend the Peavey Classic 50, its hot some serious clean headroom, it does however have a drive channel but it's shared EQ so the cleans side dominate the amp IMO.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
sounds like ya need a very clean amp, and sense the twin is out of your price range i'd recommend the Peavey Classic 50, its hot some serious clean headroom, it does however have a drive channel but it's shared EQ so the cleans side dominate the amp IMO.

Cool that's interesting, never though of a Peavey before. Will check it out. Definitely need lots of clean headroom. The roland JC-120 looks a right bit of kit!
Quote by jmeager
Cool that's interesting, never though of a Peavey before. Will check it out. Definitely need lots of clean headroom. The roland JC-120 looks a right bit of kit!

The Jazz Chorus JC-120 is a fine amplifier, but at 61 pounds it is no lightweight. I second the Fender Twin Reverb, but it is indeed expensive and heavy (all valve amplifiers are heavy). If you can find one used in good shape at a good price, pick it up.

Since you are in the U.K., I suggest you look at Blackstar's HT Venue series. The 40-watt combo might be what you are looking for:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackstar-Venue-Series-HT-Club-40-40W-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=423768
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
The Deluxe Reverb RI I played a while back was very nice, brilliant cleans. 22 watts I think, so cranked at a show it should be pretty dynamic between clean and crunch.
if your only problem with the ac15 is the crunch then why not an ac30?
Not only will it have more headroom, it will sound better aswell (at least in my opinion they do)
MBV have been known to use them....
or even an AC100CPH, which would have huge headroom, plus an added gain channel if you need it.

I doubt it would match up to epic fender cleans though, but if you're sound is drowned in effects it should still sound great.