Well, i dropped off my one and only guitar at the tech yesterday and im prob gonna be without it for like 2 weeks. what do you guys suggest i do so i can somehow keep up my skills so i wont suck when i get it back lol
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
2 weeks? why 2 weeks? what're you having done to it?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
study guitar theory, also work one muscle memory (if you play piano, do that). otherwise, just study guitar.
If it's creative, true to your musical goal, and it sounds good, put it in the song.

1. Guitar, delay, verb, amp, and creativity.
2. Well-tuned acoustic piano and creativity.
3. A bottle of water.
Air guitar

Honestly, What the other guy said. Theory and such.

Or borrow one from someone who has multiple.

On a side note: what are you doing that is making your guitar being worked on for two weeks?!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by randomhero93
2 weeks? why 2 weeks? what're you having done to it?

2nded, what are you having done to it?

And if you write your own stuff, try looking for inspiration. Just listen to new genres.

And get an acoustic, even if it's a crappy cheap one, it'll keep your skills fresh.
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

He's probably on a waiting list. Just study theory and do hand excercises, keep em fit
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Go to the guitar store and pretend to browse and ask if you can try one.

Or take one of the tech's guitars as collateral.
I own an Ibanez J-Custom

I am Guitarnoob_100. Say hey

PSN: Whiski_Guy
Xbox Live: Chris2194

Steam: Galiathslay
^ or go to guitar center and try whatever you want whenever you want.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
At the only guitar store here...
Setting up your guitar takes a day. Two if the store's busy.
It costs about 3 dollars. 5 if it's a drastic setup.
What is he doing to your guitar?
Quote by BlackSabba
At the only guitar store here...
Setting up your guitar takes a day. Two if the store's busy.
It costs about 3 dollars. 5 if it's a drastic setup.
What is he doing to your guitar?

...$3????? My last setup cost $60....
Quote by jfreyvogel
...$3????? My last setup cost $60....

he is in bahrain, so the currency is going to be different
the reason its gone so long is because this gutiar tech is supposed to be the best in soCal and hes always swamped with guitars. it usually taskes him about a week or 2 to finish wheneve ive taken it to him. nothing major, its just a setup
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Learn to setup guitars yourself - that way you'll save money and won't be without a guitar for 2 weeks.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Quote by EspTro
the reason its gone so long is because this gutiar tech is supposed to be the best in soCal and hes always swamped with guitars. it usually taskes him about a week or 2 to finish wheneve ive taken it to him. nothing major, its just a setup

You're getting the best tech in SoCal for something as simple as a setup? Seriously?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
its about time for another instrument. perhaps a cheap guitar as a project build? a semi givaway from a friend? a cheap acoustic to kick around over the years?

cant help to have a backup, nomatter what the quality.
Buy a cheap Squier or Epiphone or something like that off your local craigslist. Play it for a couple of weeks until you have your guitar back. Then flip the cheap Squier or Epiphone for about what you paid for it. (Or keep it, if you wind up liking it - having an inexpensive 2nd guitar isn't necessarily a bad thing.)
--
Michael
lol i have a cheap plywood first act guitar.
Quote by kangaxxter

Quote by Blompcube

I <3 TWEED
Well, I'm not talking about Bahrain currency. I'm talking about dollars. My cousin had a ridiculously messed up Yamaha and phoned Room2Rock. I was very surprised to find out that the setups were cheap and quick.

However, me being a cheapass, I set up his guitar and took the money instead. :P

URGENT EDIT: WHAT? A plywood First Act guitar? Since it's not even made of a tonewood it's no surprise that it is staying in there for 2 weeks. Feel sorry for your tech... poor guy's gonna suffer.
Last edited by BlackSabba at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by BlackSabba
Well, I'm not talking about Bahrain currency. I'm talking about dollars. My cousin had a ridiculously messed up Yamaha and phoned Room2Rock. I was very surprised to find out that the setups were cheap and quick.

However, me being a cheapass, I set up his guitar and took the money instead. :P

URGENT EDIT: WHAT? A plywood First Act guitar? Since it's not even made of a tonewood it's no surprise that it is staying in there for 2 weeks. Feel sorry for your tech... poor guy's gonna suffer.

i think he meant that the first act is his only other usable guitar at his house, yet his LTD is the one in the shop
Quote by pedromiles101
Someone backlogged that much should be working by appointment. One of the better techs here does that so you can play your guitar till the day before he works on it, you drop it off and pickup next day. This is a more organized & professional approach than the guy you're going to.
I second the "learn to do it yourself" belief. Other than the tweeking the nut which takes some practise and specialized tools, the rest of a setup is fairly simple, requires the most basic tools and of course saves you time & money in the long run.
Moving on.....
Start a project, and build a guitar yourself. Then you'll have a second guitar which you can noodle around on, or if it by fluke turns out amazing, then you've scored yourself a new guitar
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
While you are waiting, I would buy a book about Music theory, so that you are learning something while U wait.

ron666