after playin my bro's guitar with an EMG 81 it made me want one, it sounded so much better than what my guitar has in the bridge (INF4).

so...for around the same price (£80) is there anything else thats good?

my guitar is an Ibanez RG350M and i mainly play metal.

thanks
Was your bro's guitar plugged into your amp?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I'm just going to assume that you have a crappy SS practice amp along the lines of a Spider or an MG.

Get a new amp before you get new pickups/a new guitar. Transistors do not respond to pickups the same way that tubes do.
Quote by rock rocks
whats wrong with EMG's?

One trick pony. Very boring to my ears. Only player I legitimately enjoy listening to who uses EMGs is Zakk Wylde...and he gets very boring after a few songs in a row.

IMHO of course.

*flameshield on*
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Last edited by SLonergan at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by rock rocks
whats wrong with EMG's?

and i have a Hayden amp.

Sorry, I'm drunk and am being more of an ass than usual.

IMO, I can't stand the bland, compressed tone that you get from EMGs. I can always identify a player who uses EMGs no matter what amp they use because, imo, you get the same tone through anything.

I'm too drunk to really contribute to this thread though, right now. sorry
Quote by rock rocks
whats wrong with EMG's?

and i have a Hayden amp.

oh, it's you...isn't it?

I know what amp your have and the complaints you've got about your sound, certainly a more defined, hotter pickup would help with your issues.

I'd say a Dimarzio D-Sonic in the bridge - you can't really put a single active pickup in without completely re-wiring the guitar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull
oh, it's you...isn't it?

Oh... wait a minute...

You're the guy who can't get a metal tone out of your MoFo??

I refuse to help you!
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Sorry, I'm drunk and am being more of an ass than usual.

IMO, I can't stand the bland, compressed tone that you get from EMGs. I can always identify a player who uses EMGs no matter what amp they use because, imo, you get the same tone through anything.

I'm too drunk to really contribute to this thread though, right now. sorry

Hey, its okay!

That was a pretty good contribution!
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by steven seagull
oh, it's you...isn't it?

I know what amp your have and the complaints you've got about your sound, certainly a more defined, hotter pickup would help with your issues.

I'd say a Dimarzio D-Sonic in the bridge - you can't really put a single active pickup in without completely re-wiring the guitar.

yep...its me...

u guys must be sick of my threads by now.

there is another thread and i think someone else mentioned Dimarzio, but they sujested a Super Distortion, now ive been on their website and had a listen to both the one u mentioned and the Super distortion and personally i like the sound of the SD better....so i might go with that.......its not active...is it?
Quote by i_am_metalhead
Oh... wait a minute...

You're the guy who can't get a metal tone out of your MoFo??

I refuse to help you!

OK
Quote by rock rocks
yep...its me...

u guys must be sick of my threads by now.

there is another thread and i think someone else mentioned Dimarzio, but they sujested a Super Distortion, now ive been on their website and had a listen to both the one u mentioned and the Super distortion and personally i like the sound of the SD better....so i might go with that.......its not active...is it?

No, its passive. I'm pretty sure DiMarzio doesn't make any active pups.

I can personally recommend the Super Distortion. It kicks ass.
Quote by rmr024

this may sound daft but when u buy a new pickup you get everything you need with it right, screws, cables....and the rest?

ive never bought pickup before....
Quote by rock rocks
this may sound daft but when u buy a new pickup you get everything you need with it right, screws, cables....and the rest?

ive never bought pickup before....

Usually. Wire (not cable) is attached to the pickup. Screws are usually interchangeable, but most pups come with the necessary hardware anyway.

Pickups= least complicated "mod".

EDIT: ^ UNLESS YOU GET EMGs!
Quote by rmr024

Quote by SLonergan
Usually. Wire (not cable) is attached to the pickup. Screws are usually interchangeable, but most pups come with the necessary hardware anyway.

Pickups= least complicated "mod".

EDIT: ^ UNLESS YOU GET EMGs!

ah...ok then....well after looking at some vids and sound clips ive decided to go and get a super distortion...thanks again guys!
Quote by rock rocks
ah...ok then....well after looking at some vids and sound clips ive decided to go and get a super distortion...thanks again guys!

Hope you like it!
Quote by rmr024

Quote by rock rocks

I have a Super in one of my guitars, it's a fun pickup.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc