Not sure if this should go here or in Original Recordings...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzf1hJ-9Q90

This is my first attempt at recording some improv. Some parts I really like and other parts admittedly suck, but this was the first time I tried playing over the song, and maybe the third time I ever heard the song. I basically stay in the root minor and minor pentatonic scales the whole time. I had a lot of energy I needed to get out so it's mostly me attempting to play as fast as I can.

Feel free to criticize. I'm looking to record more improv covers like this in the future so I'd love to hear what parts you liked/didn't like.
Well your neck tone is a bit muddy. I can't hear what you're playing as well because of it. Also watch out when you play your lead stuff. Some of the notes you play sound way too off key and dissonant in your patterns. It's not how many notes you play, it's how you play and where you place them.

Overall, enjoyable. Looking forward to more of your interpretations.

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Well your neck tone is a bit muddy. I can't hear what you're playing as well because of it. Also watch out when you play your lead stuff. Some of the notes you play sound way too off key and dissonant in your patterns. It's not how many notes you play, it's how you play and where you place them.

Overall, enjoyable. Looking forward to more of your interpretations.

Thanks! The pickups on the PL1770 don't take distortion that well, but I was kind of diggin' the 'sloppy' tone I was getting.. I normally don't try to play that fast, but I really needed to let some feelings out so I just played as fast as I could

Next time I record an improv cover I'll practice first and figure out what sounds good