I'm trying to find GOLD pickup covers for precision bass pickups. So far i've been unsuccesful and i've looked basically everywhere.
I've looked at
Warmoth
GPDUSA
Allparts
Guitarelectronics (or something like that)
Stewmac
Guitar Center
local music shops

anyone know anywhere else i could look to find them?
or do they even make them?
or will i just have to paint my current covers gold?

EDIT:
i've now also checked;
Musician's Friend
Sam Ash
Axesrus

still no luck. has anyone ever found any Gold Pup Covers for precision bass pups? do they even exist?
Last edited by Seanstrom at Jun 28, 2010,
does axesrus ship to the US, and if so is it a reasonable price? or is it outrageous?
sorry for the double post, but axesrus doesn't have P-Bass pickup covers...
any other suggestions?
I would just buy a set of black covers and paint em gold. I think there is some special spray paint made for plastic, i think its a type of Krylon. But a few coats of that and maybe some satin clear coat and you should be set for awhile, especially if you don't use a pick.
Quote by qotsa1998
I would just buy a set of black covers and paint em gold. I think there is some special spray paint made for plastic, i think its a type of Krylon. But a few coats of that and maybe some satin clear coat and you should be set for awhile, especially if you don't use a pick.

I stole your idea, and I coated them in Polyurethane, and they look pretty good.

Now I'm also looking for a Gold Football Jack Plate for my bass, I cannot seem to find any except ones for guitar. i'm not sure if they'll fit, so should i just paint my current one gold, and go over it in polyurethane as well?
Am I bassist that plays guitar, or a guitarist that plays bass? A guitar in a bass amp, a bass in a guitar amp?
Just check those ebay links I posted. They are exactly what you are looking for.
Am I bassist that plays guitar, or a guitarist that plays bass? A guitar in a bass amp, a bass in a guitar amp?
I think he's looking for covers for the actual pickups, not a plate.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls