Alright, so basically what I'm trying to do is use Peavey's Revalver Mk III for recording with Cubase. I was told that the only way to do this is to use Revalver as a PLUGIN in Cubase and therefore record through it.

Now, I've located the plugin and loaded it with Cubase, but when I try to use it (up in the menu, Audio > Plug-ins), it's simply greyed out. But the funny thing is, it's not just Revalver; EVERY plugin is greyed out and therefore unusable, as you can see in the picture:

Now there's obviously something wrong, so I took a glance at the Plugin Information panel, and this is how that looks like:

(Invalid img)

I've circled in red what I think might be the problem. Is my VST too out of date? Is the problem that Revalver is "unknown" to Cubase? And if so, why is every other plugin also unusable?

If anyone knows what's going on, I'd be insanely grateful because I've been ****ing with this stuff all day.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I am using my modelling processor, Digitech RP 350 as an USB ASIO sound card. It works wonderfully with Revalver unlike my DirectSound card that's a part of my PC, which just shreeks and lags when I try to use it instead.
Last edited by Dzamija at Jun 28, 2010,
While I have next to no experience with Cubase, were you able to use your plugins before you installed revalver?
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
No, I wasn't. I just uninstalled Revalver to make sure, but they're still all unusable. C'mon guys, someone's gotta have a hint? xD
After two years of using it, they just disappeared?

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Well I used Cubase LE before, but I never used the plugins at all. Infact, I didn't even know they existed until today.
I might be way off the mark here, but it looks like you're trying to apply plug-ins to a midi track?

I had some problems with Cubase 4, where it wouldn't let me do that. It might sound simple, but have you tried using instrument tracks instead of midi tracks?
Your're trying to use plugins on a MIDI track

EDIT:

Quote by Ziphoblat
I might be way off the mark here, but it looks like you're trying to apply plug-ins to a midi track?

I had some problems with Cubase 4, where it wouldn't let me do that. It might sound simple, but have you tried using instrument tracks instead of midi tracks?

This is why tabbed browsing in forums doesn't work, because it takes 10 mins and someone replies before you
Quote by Dzamija
Well I used Cubase LE before, but I never used the plugins at all. Infact, I didn't even know they existed until today.

But you haven't been able to even *get* SX3 for, like, two years now.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
One of two things. One hit F11 to bring up your VST Instruments. Then you can bring it up that way. OR if you right click, and Create Audio Track, hit the small E symbol and then you can bring it up there as well. If you need more help PM me Cubase is all I use