I liked it. Didn't quite grasp the meaning, but still liked it
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Any guess at all? I'm curious as to what people interpret from it.....

To add interest, I'll tell people what parts of the guess are right and wrong; however, I'm not going to just tell you the answer unless you figure it out.
Quote by SilentProtest
we all have emotions which strive to hide and try desperately to fake. I would say the lightning is a metaphor for those who are caught in their lies, we see it though we continue to
"act the same".
Sorry, but no; the only time emotions are referenced is the first stanza.
I liked it, although I too thought it would be along the lines of being with a girl you are falling out of love with, a relationship cracking. Both the man and the woman agreeing to part ways or something.

Typo I presume?

Quote by herby190

The moment becomes legendary,
one of many, and TO be fair;
not the proudest, nor most heroic,
but the one that rhymes in pairs.
Quote by dannyyy
Typo I presume?
Sorry; thanks for pointing it out.

Quote by dannyyy
I liked it, although I too thought it would be along the lines of being with a girl you are falling out of love with, a relationship cracking. Both the man and the woman agreeing to part ways or something.
There actually is something similar in that involved in the story; however, I'm not sure how people are picking that up.... that's far from what the piece is about. There is a girl involved, but she is far from being the topic.

Quote by puckster1026
Sounds like there is infidelity in a marriage.
Nope. If it helps, like I said there was a girl involved, but she isn't the focus; however, me and the girl mentioned did date, for a very brief period of time.

I added in the bridge to the song; I originally left it out, because it seems cliche, and is based more on the atmosphere it provides within the song, but I guess, seeing as it is part of it, it should be involved.
Last edited by herby190 at Jun 30, 2010,
I could imagine this one to be about decieving oneself, or being weak to act like you yourself think you should.

And I love the many "... lies in ..." references. Makes me remember Metallica's "Loverman" in some way.

Cheers. Ace.

P.S. This one's not so cryptic - it;s rather relaxingly preceptive and describing: Lady Winter
I really liked it. I wasn't sure what it was about, but my idea is that it's about complacency and self deception in order to not have to face whats really going on.

Whatever its about, it's good.

Almost sounds like an anti-government story to me, talking about the ignorence and all of that, but whatever it is, really nice work
Comments or Suggestions
Omit or Change
Suggested Changes

I am the 24 Wild Rovers
If You Wish to Give C4C Click on the Smlileys
:
Quote by CorpralClegg
I really liked it. I wasn't sure what it was about, but my idea is that it's about complacency and self deception in order to not have to face whats really going on.

Whatever its about, it's good.

Your link isn't working for me; it tells me that there isn't a thread specified.... I'm not sure why.

However, what you've mentioned is, in a way, what the first stanza is about... still though, I have yet to see someone get very close.
Quote by herby190
C4C

A mile of interference,
but I've found a way to cheat;
the smiles can never be forced,
we're selling sincerity.

The first two lines seem like finding a loophole or something, something to get through the interference. I think it goes on to say that the author is always true to their emotions and wears them proudly, whether or not the people are buying.

The beauty lies in innocence,
and innocence would never lie;
the safety lies in impotence,
and you don't dare question why.

I really enjoy this wordplay, and I think I should note that before I get into a detailed analysis. This is all well written, I'm just caught up in everybody's chase for the deeper meaning. I think this talked about an appreciation for simpler things, maybe, in a way. I think innocence is used to portray problems the world is aware of, but will not soil their hands with, and things that are wrong in the world, but are so commonplace nobody will fight them.

A comedown just so beautiful,
outweighing anchors of pride and shame;
the lightning drops down all around us,
and yet we act the same.

Everybody is caught up in themselves, and how they are seen (pride and shame.) I see the lightning metaphor as a continuation of my interpretation of the previous stanza.

and as we play our game;
feeling so untouchable,
the lightning's much too tame.

The game of life? Everybody's happy, or trying to be, in their own little bubble, where the outside problems of the world can never touch them.

one of many, and to be fair;

This is beautiful wordplay, if nothing else, but I find myself scratching my head trying to find a meaning that can be connected to the rest of the piece.

The beauty lies in helplessness,
in sweat and labored breaths;
the danger lies in selfishness,
clenched tight against my chest.

Selfishness is the first word that pops out to me, especially after I wrote out my interpretation of the 3rd stanza. Following a different train of thought, the beauty of sweat and labored breath, is that you tried hard to do something right for yourself. Or in even another way of thinking, a total panic, an incapability to do anything for yourself when facing a stronger power.

Bleed with passion,
Bleed with passion;
Bleed with passion,
Bleed with passion!

In the context and atmosphere, it seems like a good climax, if nothing else.

I interpret this song as being about ignorance, in the simplest terms. And while it is not an entirely original subject, it was done in a very good way. I put a lot of deep thought into this interpretation, so even if it's not what the piece meant to you, it meant something to me.
Quote by Matt Doreen
I interpret this song as being about ignorance, in the simplest terms. And while it is not an entirely original subject, it was done in a very good way. I put a lot of deep thought into this interpretation, so even if it's not what the piece meant to you, it meant something to me.
And that's what I love about writing; I showed this to a friend, who takes a lot of meaning in romance; because of that, she took it be about a romance... she took the part about being untouchable and the lightning being too tame to dictate a, to copy and paste from her message, "Romeo and Juliette type of thing... risking it all for each other, you know?". Lately, I've just been wondering how people interpreted what I wrote, because I usually try to make sure not to tell people what it's about; they usually find more meaning in it if they have to feel it out for themselves.

Thank you for the in-depth interpretation; I really enjoyed reading it. You did get one thing that nobody has quite touched on; you mentioned a "loophole" when you reviewed the first stanza, and that's probably the best wording for it that I've heard yet. That, and you also realized that the interference is between ourselves and our emotions; that is what those two lines are about, in their entirety.

To be exact:

The "mile of interference" is a person distancing themself from their emotions; it can be really hard to be sincere. The "way to cheat" is, like you said, a sort of loophole, a shortcut to sincerity, really.
Something truly well written will mean something at least a little different to everybody who reads it, such as this. I guess that if I was feeling romantic the first time I looked at it, I could have had a similar interpretation as your friend, but still all my own.

I'm glad I hit close to where you were, even just on that first stanza. Even besides my interpretation, I'm gonna keep checking back here to see if I can find out more about the meaning to you.

I wouldn't ask you to do anything half as detailed as mine, but I'd like someone to crit my new piece. The link is in my sig, so, yeah..
Love the lyrics, your speaking to alot of people saying your not perfect and nobody is perfect, thats what I interpreted not sure if thats what its about but very well written, sounds alot like a dirty heads song.
Herby...is this about when i disagreed on the outro ? :P
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
Out of everything that happened that night, you think that's the only thing it could be about?

By the way, if you want to check out the instruments, go to Tabs & Chords, and look for "Hubris".
Last edited by herby190 at Jul 3, 2010,
i honestly don't remember much else that happened that night...at all really...
Quote by herby190
When I saw that, I thought of musical notes.... my elementary school teachers taught them as "tee-tees" "ta-tas" and a bunch of other nonsense....
Quote by Ir a+infinitive
i honestly don't remember much else that happened that night...at all really...
Well, rest safe in knowing that it isn't about the outro.

It actually, for the most part, isn't about that night at all, although some of the imagery was written that night.... for example, the smiles line was originally conceived when I kept making fun of that commercial for the hair straightener.

And you can obviously see where the imagery about lightning got into my head.....
yeah, i also used the smiles line in one of mine and the piece you just crited was mostly written from things other people have said throughout the week that i have written down and put into a more poetic context.
Quote by herby190
Wait, I thought you just said you were going to use the environment one? You confuse me, sir.
Quote by herby190
C4C

A mile of interference,
but I've found a way to cheat;
the smiles can never be forced,
we're selling sincerity.
nothing wrong with this stanza, first line presented wonderful imagery.

The beauty lies in innocence,
and innocence would never lie;
the safety lies in impotence,
and you don't dare question why.
this may be the best stanza of the whole piece in my opinion

and yet we act the same.
this would be the part that convinced me it was about the outro :P

and as we play our game;
feeling so untouchable,
this was okay, it seemed to fallow the previous stanza's rhyme scheme too much, but still good.

one of many, and to be fair;
no complaints.

The beauty lies in helplessness,
in sweat and labored breaths;
the danger lies in selfishness,
clenched tight against my chest.
imagery here was good.

and yet we act the same.
nice use of repetition

and as we play our game;
feeling so untouchable,
again, nice use of repetition.

Bleed with passion,
Bleed with passion;
Bleed with passion,
Bleed with passion!
eh, it seemed to repeat itself too much, i like the idea just not the repetition.

and yet we act the same.

and as we play our game;
feeling so untouchable,
the lightning's much too tame
again, nice use of repetition.

nicely done, thanks for the crit.
Quote by herby190
Quote by herby190
Wait, I thought you just said you were going to use the environment one? You confuse me, sir.

which environment one? and well...i think i used them both.
Quote by herby190
Well done I liked it

Now to guess your theme... Or what this song says to me

It seems like while it isn't a infidelity in a marriage, it is an infidelity? Perhaps with the same sex?

It sound strange but I thought that the lines about 'lightning' would perhaps relate to the religious aspects of a homosexual relationship, and how many think it is 'against the views of God'... Just an idea

I really liked this, and your imagery you used is fantastic But I agree that you reapeated 'Bleed with passion' too much. Then again, if it was put to music it probably would sound fine.

Well done

There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness
herby...i think im going to start asking people what they think mine meen...
Quote by herby190
Ir a+infinitive, would you like a critique? I could always have a go at yours if you would like?

uhh sure, i will crit yours in return if you would like, try Balet Parking. thanks.
Quote by herby190
No problem

Anyway, sorry for hijacking your thred