Hey, thanks for taking the time to read my thread. It has indeed been a while since I have last posted stuff here, and I suppose some of my material has been piling up.

But anyway, it is here, ready for critique. Production is infinitely less crappy than before, I took the time to actually use a metronome. I also acquired new software, then lost it again (long story), so I made a demo of one song, then didn't get to finish what I started. Good thing I saved the demo as an mp3 format. Anyway, here we go:

Look After Yourself: My newest song. I'm not sure what genre this is, but I will tell you that it is made with an iPod drumkit and a piano. I am still lacking in instruments. But anyway, I'd say it's like...Electronica, but with...natural instruments, I suppose. Anyway, this is one of my favourites of the stuff I've made, and I think you might be surprised if you listen to it.

dfhsrk (I never titled it) is the demo I made with the software...I was going to make a jazzy song, but I never got to finish it. I still saved this bit though, so may I can still do something with it. I really like it, though. Yeah, that's why this one sounds different to the rest.

Fall is...Hum, I'd say Fall is an electronica/hip hop song made with rock instruments. Is that post rock? Anyway, it's pretty short, I didn't know how to make it longer, and I guess it doesn't suit being any longer.

There's the japanese movie theme...I think it's terrible though. My friend had this movie idea for something set in feudal Japan (not a samurai/ninja thing, don't worry) and, I'm not sure how relevant this is, but anyway, this is soundtrack music. All the sounds are made with an acoustic guitar.

I'd really appreciate if these were critiqued. Feel free to try and give them genres too, I'd like to list something besides other/other/other. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to listen!

Ha, I forgot to put the link up first time posting this. My bad!

http://www.myspace.com/omegamachina
Last edited by Gerbos at Jun 28, 2010,
I dig the music. but who cares about a genre? music's music, you know? I wouldn't bother with finding a specific genre, because all it does really is limit the music you want to make.
Look After Yourself is really repetitive, although kind of cool. The other ones are pretty much unlistenable. Sorry...
I understand that no-one likes genres, I'm not a fan of them either, but I'd be wasting people's time if I didn't try to put say, "Rap" as a tag, and then a death metal fan listen to it. But I totally understand and respect your input.

Sambot, thanks for listening anyway, I appreciate it! I'll try to improve them in the future. You seem to have picked up on the fact that I cheated with Look After Yourself, and looked a sample I made...Hah.
Look After Yourself was a little repetitive, I wanted something else to happen but it didn't, it could of picked up and done something different.

The demo actually was really nice sounding, cool instrumentation, it was short though :/

They all feel kind of ambient/dissonant I don't know, they're interesting, nothing that really grabs you though I guess.
Experimental is probably the first genre that comes to my mind... Out of all the songs, I'll say I liked the acoustic ones the best. Although your ideas seem pretty disorganized and thrown together. I would work on putting more time into only your best riffs and developing them into well structured songs. Get good at writing conventional style music before trying to make really complex music, otherwise your result will just sound completely random.