Alright so i bought a Ltd/esp m200fm not too long ago and i am looking into putting some emg pups in it. I was wondering if it would be worth the money. I have just found the factory ones a bit muddy and not as clear as i would like them. They also don't have as much output as i would like.

So would it be worth the money?
Make much of a difference?

Thanks,
My Gear

LTD/ESP M200FM
Line 6 30W spider 3
Boss ME-50
Boss Metal Zone MT2
Depends, if you're playing through a Spider III then the EMGs will produce horrible clipping. You'll get a far better tone (and possibly find you like the pups more) by upgrading the amp.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
Oh yea dude, i totally understand. I hate line 6, and hate my amp :| I'm thinking of upgrading to a Peavy valve king half stack. Would that be a good buy for a first cab? Or like, how do you think that would sound?
My Gear

LTD/ESP M200FM
Line 6 30W spider 3
Boss ME-50
Boss Metal Zone MT2
Quote by Joshxcleland
Oh yea dude, i totally understand. I hate line 6, and hate my amp :| I'm thinking of upgrading to a Peavy valve king half stack. Would that be a good buy for a first cab? Or like, how do you think that would sound?

Based on my experience with the ValveKing series (I had me a VK100-212 combo), it's a pretty good amp, but it's certainly not going to help you with issues of muddines, as the main reason I sold the amp was that it was incredibly bass-heavy. It did have a grrrrrreat clean channel, though, and for some lighter tones, like 80's metal & classic rock, it was the bomb.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
hmm well, I'm kinda stuck here. What amp would you suggest then? I need something that has a tight clear sound. But also something thats affordable. You see this will be my first cab, and I'm buying it for a metal band I'm currently in. And since I'm only 14 i need something in a good price range. I'm pretty much open to anything besides line 6. I'm interested in Marshall but they seem really expensive :/
My Gear

LTD/ESP M200FM
Line 6 30W spider 3
Boss ME-50
Boss Metal Zone MT2
Marshall makes some very good amplifiers, but yeah, none of their good ones come cheap. I would suggest a combo amp, since if you're only 14, i doubt you're going to be playing any shows that require more than about 50 watts. I suggest either a B-52 AT 112 or a Peavey 6505 combo. I have an AT-112, and I love it. The peavey is very good too.
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
You could also try looking for a Bugera 6260/6262 combo - they're based on the Peavy 6505 series and are pretty much metal monsters. There were reliability problems in the past but I think they've mostly been sorted (although the stock tubes aren't great). They're usually around the £350-£400 mark in the UK.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
I use the ValveKing for metal and metalcore, and it can do it. I don't find it to be that muddy though. I have no complaints with it.

Also, I will agree with and back up the amazingness of it's clean channel. there is simply nothing better clean in it's price range. It's pristine, if you get all the settings just right.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Hmm, the 6505 combo looks good. Any words for the Marshall valve state 100? I found one on kijiji for a good price.
My Gear

LTD/ESP M200FM
Line 6 30W spider 3
Boss ME-50
Boss Metal Zone MT2
about the original question. Check out my sig. Im happy.

If you like the feel/comfortability to play, go for it.