OK so Im looking to get a pretty professionally sounding recording setup. Dont need a control surface just need the audio interface inputs. I have Logic Pro and would like to run pro tools. Any advice for a good setup? $1500 budget for this. Have other money for the other stuff i need (mics monitors etc)

-Firewire
-atleast 8 XLR inputs.
perhaps the m-audio octane if you can get it for a good price.
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
For Pro Tools, there are about 2 different ways to go about getting one with 8 XLR inputs:

Theres getting the M-Audio Profire 2626 and getting Pro Tools M-Powered (Cost of $950 total)

Or

Theres getting the Digidesign 003 Rack+ Factory which comes with Pro Tools LE (Cost of $1500ish on Ebay)

I'd go with the 003 over the M-Audio interface any day because its going to be better quality. I had a guitar center employee try and tell me otherwise the other day but he was dumb as shit and was just trying to make a few bucks off of me since I had the money to do that but not the 003.
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Yep i have looked at both of those and have seen very mixed reviews on both.
Quote by a7x9269
Yep i have looked at both of those and have seen very mixed reviews on both.
What reviews?

I don't know much about the Digidesign, but the M-Audio in general is held in quite high regard on the internet.

Either way, a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 is an option here.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
What reviews?

I don't know much about the Digidesign, but the M-Audio in general is held in quite high regard on the internet.

Either way, a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 is an option here.

No its not, Focusrite doesn't do Pro Tools.

Digidesign & M-Audio are the only companies that make interfaces that work with Pro Tools. They are owned by the same company (Avid). M-Audio is essentially like a Squier line to Fender (Digidesign).

Like I said, I'd personally go with a 003 Rack+ Factory. You get a lot of good extra plugins you dont get with the M-Audio and the quality is going to be much better.
reviews of both products over the internet. I have heard great things and terrible things about both.
Quote by a7x9269
reviews of both products over the internet. I have heard great things and terrible things about both.

Welcome to the world of the internet where anyone can write a review on anything even if they own the product or not.

Basically heres what you need to know:

M-Audio Profire:
Pros
-Cheap

Cons
-Meh in the world of preamps and ease of use

Pro Tools M-Powered (used with the Profire):
Pros:
-Its like Pro Tools LE

Cons:
-It doesn't come with as many extra fun plugins (a lot of which are useful)

Digidesign 003 Rack+ Factory:
Pros:
-All in one box and good to go
-Includes a lot of extra plugins that are very useful
-Includes an iLok (at least its a pro in my book, its a $40 key)

Cons:
-The Price
-You're locked in to Pro Tools for the most part
Quote by lockwolf
No its not, Focusrite doesn't do Pro Tools.

Digidesign & M-Audio are the only companies that make interfaces that work with Pro Tools. They are owned by the same company (Avid). M-Audio is essentially like a Squier line to Fender (Digidesign).

Like I said, I'd personally go with a 003 Rack+ Factory. You get a lot of good extra plugins you dont get with the M-Audio and the quality is going to be much better.
Totally forgot about Pro Tools being brand exclusive.

Hell, that is why I don't use Pro Tools.

Ignore what I said.
i dont have to run protool although id like to have that option. I also have apple logic pro that i got from my friends dad. What are some good options for that?