Hey UG,

So, I got myself this real cool Fender Sunburst stratocaster. It's a pretty old one, from '97, with voodoo pick ups. Now, the body has some scratches, but I really love the relic looks of Stevie Ray Vaughan's main axe. http://g.sheetmusicplus.com/Look-Inside/covers/7896680.jpg

Which as you can see are quite heavy.

My question being, could you guys give me any advice, maybe some guides or videos on how to accomplish this? I've tried youtube but I couldn't really find the right method for me

Thanks in advance

Gear:

Fender American Strat, texas specials
Fender Tele Baja
VOX AC15
Ibanez Analog Delay
Boss Keeley Blues Driver
Katana boost
Dunlop Wah
Take out all components, This includes all the hardware, electronics, EVERYTHING! Then power sand it and drop it down a couple flights of stairs
Quote by Brad_Bassist
Take out all components, This includes all the hardware, electronics, EVERYTHING! Then power sand it and drop it down a couple flights of stairs

That's a good way. Also, see if you can see some authentic relics - that way'll you'll know the most typical areas of wear & tear and you'll know what kind of damage they're prone to.

Either that, or just call up Yuri Shiskov and ask him how to do it <;
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by Brad_Bassist

AHHH!!! JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON"T DO THIS TO THE NECK!! I just imagined him dropping a fender neck+body down a flight of stairs
I'm trying to find this video I saw on youtube where this guy had his kid slamming a door open and shut on his strat. No luck yet, I would say beat the shit out of it, run it into the walls a few time, hurl it around, be rough with it. Do it like The Who, just make sure the end result is not complete instrument destruction.
Thanks everyone I'm making some plans atm, going to do the start of it tomorrow.. I've got all the equipment at a friends place so yeah.. when I'm done, I'll post some pictures

!
Gear:

Fender American Strat, texas specials
Fender Tele Baja
VOX AC15
Ibanez Analog Delay
Boss Keeley Blues Driver
Katana boost
Dunlop Wah
most relic jobs i've seen look like crap, sorry to say.

less is always more.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by BvH001
Thanks everyone I'm making some plans atm, going to do the start of it tomorrow.. I've got all the equipment at a friends place so yeah.. when I'm done, I'll post some pictures

!

Also know, if the guitar is made out of polyurethane finish, and not nitro, it won't age as well. It'll end up looking chipped and fake.

So I would just strip the paint and everything, refinish, then relic.
Quote by godofshred
play it.

+1, hate to rain on your parade mate, but a fake relic job is pretty cheesy