Page 1 of 2
Hey UG'ers!

How are you all!? thats good to know.

Anyways,

I'm hoping to start university this year in September. Everyone knows me for being a funny,annoying, pervy, loud guy. I really want to start acting like cool. before i went to college, i said the same thing but it didn't happen.

I REALLY want a new start, how can i controll my self.

Thanks!
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Last edited by ibrahimasood at Jun 28, 2010,
Start listening to jazz.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Wear a bullet belt. When interacting with other people, insist on the fact you're curious as to how magnetic devices operate.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Bring out your own best qualities, rather than trying to act like someone else.

And screw being cool. You play guitar. That is already so last decade.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Well, the cheap version of KFC, because I was a poor student.

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait a CHEAP VERSION OF KFC? Where do I find this? This is literally the only thing missing from my life right now.
Just focus on studying harder than before and control your impulses. Try to be the smartest guy who reads the most and always raises his hand and knows all the answers.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jazz turned me into the pimp I was at uni.

That and the KFC and the hookers. Well, the cheap version of KFC, because I was a poor student.

Interestingly I took the same route, except I had no KFC and had to improvise with regular chicken and kidnapping a fat and old looking guy with a beard.

Quote by OMGWinner
Just focus on studying harder than before and control your impulses. Try to be the smartest guy who reads the most and always raises his hand and knows all the answers.

Yeah that guy is always cool

I dunno, only thing that came to mind after reading OP
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Start to know the muffin man.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by sashki

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait a CHEAP VERSION OF KFC? Where do I find this? This is literally the only thing missing from my life right now.

We had one in Chester called.... something. I was always drunk when I went there. That all changed when I got a job and had one of my female housemates pick up a Boneless Bucket from KFC because she finished work after me and she often got taxis back so the food was hot when it reached me.

Women do have their uses.
I had to read through this twice because I kept reading "start" as "strat".

Anyway, work on controlling the things you say, the way you act, and the way you feel. Broaden your knowledge of anything and everything you can. Work out - a lot - but don't acquire the meat-head persona with it.
Quote by Kensai

Yeah that guy is always cool

YEAH, that guy is always awesome.

Quote by jfreyvogel
I had to read through this twice because I kept reading "start" as "strat".

Anyway, work on controlling the things you say, the way you act, and the way you feel. Broaden your knowledge of anything and everything you can. Work out - a lot - but don't acquire the meat-head persona with it.

Yeah, exactly what I said but in different words.
Last edited by OMGWinner at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by OMGWinner
Try to be the smartest guy who reads the most but never raises his hand yet knows all the answers.

This guy is cooler than your guy. lol.

Seriously though, the person that always raises his hand is trying to prove something. Confident people don't feel the need to prove anything. Do what you want to when you feel like doing it.

Also, to the cheap KFC'ers, are you perhaps thinking of Kennedy Fried Chicken?
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by OMGWinner
YEAH, that guy is always cool.

Yeah, exactly what I said but in different words.

"Cool" as in not getting anything "hot"?
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by jfreyvogel

Not.

Quote by damian_91
"Cool" as in not getting anything "hot"?

By cool I meant awesome.
Last edited by OMGWinner at Jun 28, 2010,
you can't just try to act cool, you have to just be cool
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Quote by untalented
you can't just try to act cool, you have to just be cool

Yes. Trying is anti-cool. It's like speed-walking. People that speed-walk aren't cool - they're trying too hard.
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by leg end
The muffin man?

The muffin man....
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Quote by jfreyvogel

Seriously though, the person that always raises his hand is trying to prove something. Confident people don't feel the need to prove anything. Do what you want to when you feel like doing it.

No... that's true if you raise your hand to prove something, most people who know the answers raise their hand because the teacher wants the class to give an answer, and because discussion in the classroom can be productive. Much better than everyone sitting there falling asleep while the teacher talks. Usually the people who know their shit but don't say anything are just the sort of people who are too nervous to speak out in public.

Anyway TS, you shouldn't care. Unless you're really acting like a twat it shouldn't matter, you don't have to be incredibly chilled all the time. If you're a bit loud and quirky then people should probably find you funny, as long as you don't get annoying... just know when to back off. To be honest, people who try their hardest to be super relaxed all the time just end up looking like they're slow.

Although if you really want to be like that, just start smoking weed a lot.
Quote by OMGWinner
YEAH, that guy is always awesome.

Always huh?

Shall I take it you're that girl?
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
discussion in the classroom can be productive.

I was an art major when I was in college. Productivity in art class discussion = 0. If I had really known what I was getting into when I started I would have just not gone to college like I wanted to. You keep telling yourself that they're going to get to some useful information - they just have to do the intro bs first - and then four years have gone by and they never did...
Quote by Kensai
Always huh?

Shall I take it you're that girl?

I'm trying to be that girl. I wish I knew the answers more often...
just act mature, dawg, and try to dress more like a normal dude and less like some college asshole
Elephants. larger than the moon.

98% of teenagers in America are currently bringing sexy back. Put this in your signature if you are one of the 2% where sexy never left.
Quote by OMGWinner
I'm this guy now. It hasn't worked out all that well.

I'll be doing the same in the run-up to university though TS. I've got a big list of things I want to get into, or get some knowledge in prior to learning it on the course anyway. On this list are things like programming, CGI modelling, social psychology, philosophy, art and (funnily, as someone mentioned earlier) jazz music.

Hopefully that'll mean I have more to talk about with the people I meet at uni.

EDIT: Oh, and as someone said, I'm going to try working out for a change. It'd be pretty nice having a good physique along with being a good student. The two seem to be mutually exclusive in pretty much everyone I know at the moment.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Last edited by Kilobyte at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by OMGWinner
I'm trying to be that girl. I wish I knew the answers more often...

Personally I'd wish I would raise my hand more often.
Quote by Kensai
Personally I'd wish I would raise my hand more often.

Probably a better idea than what I did when going to lectures drunk. Whenever someone said something wrong or something I disagreed with, there would just eb a big resounding "NOPE."
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Probably a better idea than what I did when going to lectures drunk. Whenever someone said something wrong or something I disagreed with, there would just eb a big resounding "NOPE."

Surprised you didn't get stabbed

I've never been sober enough to go to a lecture drunk; always had to go home or I'd pass out in class. I'm classy like that.
Quote by Kensai
Surprised you didn't get stabbed

I've never been sober enough to go to a lecture drunk; always had to go home or I'd pass out in class. I'm classy like that.

They would give us a half hour break in 2 hour lectures with the SU next to the auditorium. This was a big mistake when jaeger shots were 2 for a quid.

In all fairness I always responded with the correct answers.
Page 1 of 2