So I have decided to buy electric guitar. Model is Epiphone LP-100.

Somehow a cheap amplifier doesn't really attract me so I did some research and found about USB interfaces. Well, they're are used for guitar recording so I'd rather got one of those for practice since it offers larger variety than just a plain amplifier (at the same value).

Model I am looking at is LINE 6 Pod Studio GX
http://www.dv247.com/computer-hardware/line-6-pod-studio-gx-usb-recording-interface--57440

So my question - is my plan flawed or it would actually work just fine?
Quote by WtrPlyr
I use it for practising in my dorm and recording, works great. I can't recommend it enough.

+1
So you're using just your PC speakers, guitar and GX, nothing else needed?

By the way my I have Creative soundcard and 7.1 setup so no problems with in-built hardware and such.
It'll work fine, BUT do not expect from line6 customer support if it breaks, just don't.
It has some latency issues, whatever the heck that means if you have a weak computer, I dunno what it means in "technical" talk, but I had a problem with mine it used to "POP" alot on all the guitars I had... many! But it's still a great kit, and you can get awesome tones for a budget. You know I don't get why people these days buy cheap solid state amps - just buy a USB interface, it'll have more possibilities and save up for a good tube amp.
Quote by Hoaxmetal
So you're using just your PC speakers, guitar and GX, nothing else needed?

By the way my I have Creative soundcard and 7.1 setup so no problems with in-built hardware and such.

Yes and your computer itself.

It doesn't matter what soundcard you have, the GX will act as a sound card. You plug your guitar in it and your speakers.
You know I don't get why people these days buy cheap solid state amps - just buy a USB interface, it'll have more possibilities and save up for a good tube amp.

Same for me - that's why I wasn't so sure in this kit. I went to three music shops and no one there had even heard about usb interfaces, old-school guitarists I guess

It doesn't matter what soundcard you have, the GX will act as a sound card. You plug your guitar in it and your speakers.

Aw, that's a bit of a bummer - I guess only two speakers will work in this configuration. Still, I' confident in buying this kit.
Last edited by Hoaxmetal at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by Hoaxmetal
Aw, that's a bit of a bummer - I guess only two speakers will work in this configuration. Still, I' confident in buying this kit.

Not really. An unprocessed guitar signal hasn’t been processed to sound good in surround sound; having it coming from seven speakers and a subwoofer would be pretty gross. Two good monitors is a much better way to go.