I want to remove the paint job on my strat but there is a clear gloss finish that I can't sand off. How should I go about this?
Barf

Fender 70's reissue strat
Laney 120 mxd
Morley bad horsie 2
get some more coarse sand paper (try 40-60) and an electric sander, trust me it can be sanded just takes a while
Quote by ybselgo
get some more coarse sand paper (try 40-60) and an electric sander, trust me it can be sanded just takes a while

ANYTHING can be sanded
GB&C can help with this more than us >_>
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Quote by Brad_Bassist
ANYTHING can be sanded

Exactly, even household pets
oh and if your lazy, not unlike my self, you could use a heat gun to get the paint off, but be careful because apparently it gives off toxic fumes and the like
yeah i was about to say, yes it will sand. it depends what is needed. hand sanding? your going to have a rough day. i recommend a vibrating sander to get the top heavy coat off. if that doesnt work...borrow a hand belt sander....but be careful.

oh yeah and an industrual paint stripper will literally melt it off.

i took the finish off a headstock the othr week in about 10 min PERFECTLY. some idiot literally took a brush and painted on thick black paint. look like garbage. this gunk my dad had looked like clear jelly. slobbed it on and almost immediately the paint was melting off.
Last edited by ikey_ at Jun 28, 2010,
A random orbital sander takes paint and finish off fairly easily. Just go slowly and carefully
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass