What would be the best bass string size to play something like Slipknot?

EDIT:They play in Drop B.
Last edited by HJS >.> at Jun 28, 2010,

look for a 5 string set and only use the thickest 4 or something like that.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by Brad_Bassist
No strings. If you're playing Slipknot, you don't deserve strings.

Dude. If you're not going to help, don't even bother replying. Keep your little comments to yourself, and get out of this thread. I love Slipknot, and I want to cover some of their songs, you don't like em, that's great. No need to be rude. As I said before, if you're not going to help, kindly leave.
Rotosound RS66LH (65 - 80 - 105 - 130) I used to have some, they're good for drop tunings, but can get a bit flappy. Depends how low you go, I'm thinking A as lowest, if it's slipknot.

Try some Rotosound RS66LH+ Heaviest strings I can think of, (85 - 175) They'll easily go down to F# and maybe lower, I dunno, I've not used them.
Quote by Negociator
Rotosound RS66LH (65 - 80 - 105 - 130) I used to have some, they're good for drop tunings, but can get a bit flappy. Depends how low you go, I'm thinking A as lowest, if it's slipknot.

Try some Rotosound RS66LH+ Heaviest strings I can think of, (85 - 175) They'll easily go down to F# and maybe lower, I dunno, I've not used them.

Slipknot play in Drop B.
So they'll be good then?
Quote by Brad_Bassist

warned.
Quote by Negociator

The 85 - 175 are far too heavy.

I'd just go for a set with a .130 at the heavy end.

Should do you fine.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Brad_Bassist

+1

Gear:
Schecter Stiletto Custom 5
Ibanez SR300F
Line 6 LD175
Squier P-Bass
Fender Rumble 15

Quote by Derk'ed
Bass gets you laid. Tell him that.
Quote by crazybasser42!
paul grays bass is factory tuned to BEAD (five string standard - G) just get a fiver.

I play only 5s now and I'll never go back you just have way more option especially if you like to drop tune.

Just remember you're going to loose a lot of clarity and definition when you tune down no matter what you're playing.

If you have a singer who can sing in standard then I would just play it that way; you don't have to drop tune to be heavy.

R.I.P Paul
Ok, so. I just bought a new 5-string bass today (Ibanez GSR205).
I've found out that I'm going to play in an ACGCF tuning... Tried it with the strings that came on the bass, and found out: "NO."
But from reading this thread: 45-130 is the best alternative?