Alright, so I bought new saddles for my SG. I've posted a question about how to remove my saddles in the Electric Guitar forum. The person wasn't sure and she told me to try over here to see if you guys can help me.

I cannot take the screw out that keeps the saddle in place. I honestly don't know what to do. There is no clip or wire holding the screw. As soon as the saddle reaches the end, I can no long rotate the screw.

Here's a picture of my saddles if it helps.

So can you please help me out? I rather not spend more money on a guitar tech doing it for me.
Quote by nasstyman
i busted a g-string while fingering a minor...
Quote by 18zzz18
REPLY DUDE! YOU COULD BE THE SAVIOUR OF THE EARTH AND ALL OF MANKIND! (:
0h @nd U M@Y H@V3 2 T@LK L1K3 TH1S..... 1TZ TH3 L@NGU@G3 0F TH3 FUTUR3
Quote by RMC06
My old band teacher once called me a penis wrinkle.
Last edited by MetallicGod07 at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by Lil Macker
Why can't you take the screws out?

I really don't know. I turn the screws and the saddle begins to move closer and closer to the edge. As soon as it reaches the edge, I can not rotate the screw anymore. It gets stuck. I can only rotate it to move the saddle farther from the edge.

So I really don't know how I'm going to take the screw out. I tried taking them off on the other saddles and the same thing happens.

Help, please?
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06
There's gotta be some sort of retainer wire or clip holding the screws in place. Have you taken the bridge off of the guitar and looked at the bottom of it?
[thread="1285220"]First Build - Zebrawood Tele[/thread]
[thread="1288529"]Second Build[/thread]
[thread="1334385"]Curbside Build[/thread]
Last edited by Handgrenade at Jun 28, 2010,
try turning all the way in the other direction. sounds dumb, but just make sure. if not, inspect every inch of that bridge, because either somthing isnt right, or there's somthing else holding the screws in.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
What brand of guitar is this? I'm assuming your using the stock bridge correct? Different companies use different things to hold them in, most use some from of clip underneath. More info could help us, help you.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
You are going to have to take the bridge out for a good look.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!
Last edited by Skeet UK at Jun 28, 2010,
Take the bridge out and look closely, with TOM style bridges there is normally a tiny circlip holding in the screw at the head end.
I never thought about looking underneath it...

I did that and I FOUND THEM. Now I feel like a total dumbass. Thanks for the help!

But now I'm mad because I found out the saddles weren't big enough. The guy at Guitar Center said it would fit. I ended up breaking the saddle.

Hopefully I'll get a refund since he gave me misleading info..then again...i broke the saddle...so I dont know.
Quote by nasstyman
Quote by 18zzz18
Quote by RMC06