i have £240 --- $320

i play a fender stratocastor Mim dont play hard rock but want a simple distortion

will go used

i like weezer (dont need distortion for them :P) red hot chilli peppers

stuff like that

Thank
Vox AC15C1 or AC4TV mini-stack would be cool.

EDIT: but you'd be hard pressed to find an AC15C1 because they are pretty new.

Also Blackheart Little Giant mini-stack.

With small tube amps I'd go for the mini-stack because generally the matching cab for it has 1 12 inch speaker, whereas the combos are only 8 or 10 inches.
Last edited by Tedward at Jun 28, 2010,
maybe a peavey bandit? i think they go for like £250 new, or at least thats their price on GAK anyways
DIMETHYLTRYPTAMINE
lol
do you want to buy used/new and also do you need it loud enough for gigs or just home use?
I suggest a Fame GTA-15R (you may also find it by the brand Yerasov).

These are full tube (Class A), hand-made in Russia. I've got mine on my last trip to Germany in '06 and I really enjoy it.

For E$ 222 it's certainly in your price range.

Features:

* All-Tube
* 15 Watt
* 2x EL 84 Power amp tubes
* 2 x ECC 83 Preamp tube
* 1x 10" Jensen Speaker
* Volume und Tone Control

Mine came with Celestion's.

If you're going to search for reviews, be sure to translate some reviews from German.

Cheers!
Quote by DanielBowie
thanks everyone

what kinda usage is the amp for mate?
gigs or just home usage?
Quote by daverichards
what kinda usage is the amp for mate?
gigs or just home usage?

sorry its home use and band practice
ahh band practise, so you'd need to be heard through a drummer?
well to be fair you would really need something more than 5w tube, as i found out!
try looking at something like a 15w tube, a laney vc15 are pretty good value or the blackheart stuff.
that fame/yerasov one is probably worth a look. I haven't tried it, but allegedly it's a clone of a fender pro junior, but with a better speaker and better parts. Bear in mind, though, at 15 watts and no master volume, it's going to be loud to get distortion (because you have to crank it up to get distortion).

If you can stretch the budget a little, maybe also consider a laney vc15?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Fender Super Champ XD. Vibro Champ XD if you need to go cheaper. It's the only tube amp that will give you Marshal and Fender tones with FX in your price range.
good call it's also worth a look.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?