I'm using audacity. I think its audacity's fault, but i can't figure out the issue. Yes the Microphones are turned on, yes they are plugged into the right port on my laptop. One of them is Picking up better than the other, but its really quiet and i have to put the mic right up to the guitar (acoustic). The other doesn't pick up anything at all. this one may be broken, but the other clearly isn't. The input volume in audacicty is all the way up, and i checked my computer's audio settings and everything seems in order. Also the built in mic on the laptop works just fine, picks up sounds perfectly, but the quality is shat as expected, and i cant use that. Can anybody help me? i need a hero...
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
When you've finished recording have you tried just amplifying the finished product using audacity??
first recomendation would be to not use audacity.

second recomendation is not to plug directly into your laptop.

after that, what ports are you plugging in to? what kind of mics are we talking about? basicly, whats the signal path?
Unfortunately, not using audacity is sort of out of the question, unless i can get something else for free. I'm plugging into the mic port.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
well you got about 1/3 of the questions answered, so its a start.

to get going, reaper is about 1000x better than audacity and the free trial never runs out. its $60 for a license, so if you can save up over the course of months or a year, you can pay for it then. you never have to pay, but its a low enough cost and a great system (unlimited trial) that i think it is very much worth paying to support those guys.

are you plugging in both mics at the same time? if so, are both going into the same port or different ports? if not, it sounds like the sound is better than one than the other, so just use that one.

are you using mics that require phantom power? if they do require power and you arent getting it to them, that would explain the lack of sound. if they have batteries or something (you said they turn on) then try replacing the battery.

id still like a bit more complete idea of your signal chain as well.