Hey,

I went to a local festival yesterday and stupidly didn't wear plugs. I've still got ringing in my ears, so I'm thinking I might've done some damage.

I'm going to Iron Maiden and Dream Theater on Saturday, and I need something to protect my ears with ASAP. I have the foam construction worker ones, but it'll take too long to get custom ones made.

Do any of you know of companies that just make generic, non-molded musician earplugs that don't completely destroy what you're listening to? I'm planning on getting the custom ones made, however I'd prefer to have something for the concert this upcoming weekend. If push comes to shove I'm taking my foam cones, but I'd really appreciate if anyone could point me in the direction of something that would protect my ears and not completely butcher the sound I'm listening to.

Thanks!
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Last edited by TheLifeguard at Jun 28, 2010,
Have you tried the Hearos' musician plugs? They sell on Musician's Friend for pretty low prices. I use them when I play guitar and it retains most of the tone. I feel that I lose a tiny bit of the high-end, but not much
Quote by youngapprentice
Have you tried the Hearos' musician plugs? They sell on Musician's Friend for pretty low prices. I use them when I play guitar and it retains most of the tone. I feel that I lose a tiny bit of the high-end, but not much
Hearos are good. They are what I use.

They do block out some of the higher frequencies, but it does filter the frequencies pretty well.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
man i ****ed my hearing up so bad.

on the bright side. nothing is ever too loud anymore.
+1 on the musician's earplugs. I bought a pair and lost them, and I don't remember the brand, they weren't hearos, but they looked similar. Kinda like these: http://www.swisshearingaids.com/shopimages/products/500x640/Musicians-Ear-plugs.jpg
I used those for marching band rehearsals, where the drums were really loud. I think that the sound quality is preserved pretty well but there is enough volume reduction. Mine were $10 or $15 I think
Yamaha FG295S
LR Baggs A1 pickup
Awesome, thanks for the tips!

EDIT: Just purchased 2 pairs of Hearos Hi-Fidelity plugs on MusiciansFriend. Hopefully they arrive in time for Iron Maiden.
Gear:
08' Gibson Les Paul Studio
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ Vintage 30
Peavy Vypyr 15 watt
MXR 10 Band EQ
MXR EVH Phase 90
Boss DS-1
Dunlop 535Q Wah

Death to all butt metal.
Last edited by TheLifeguard at Jun 28, 2010,