Ok I know very little about computers but Im looking for a new computer and I need some help. All I use the computer for is storing music(iTunes), which is very important, I use the internet and Microsoft Word and that about it. I feel like there is a better computer out there that would be better for music, i dont need like recording or studio type stuff. I just need to be able to access all my music. If anybody has any suggestions I would appreciate it very much.
Buy a simple cheap Dell that has a large HD and buy some really good speakers for it.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
Actually I think Dell even does a wizard-like computer order system where you can choose a basic model and buy different parts for it. So all you'd really need a simple desktop, yknow 2.5GHz processor, 2gb RAM, okay graphics card, good sound card (probably comes with) and like 500gb+ HD.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
With Asus, you end up getting more for your money IMO.

EDIT: Oh are you looking for a desktop? I'm not sure if they make them.

Also Asus is starting to make USB 3.0 computers, not sure how much that matters to you though.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Last edited by mattman93 at Jun 28, 2010,
Quote by mattman93
Also Asus is starting to make USB 3.0 computers, not sure how much that matters to you though.

If TS gets a desktop computer it's no problem adding USB 3.0 to it at all.

In any case, a simple computer off the shelf is more than enough (or even a used one newer than 3 - 4 years old plus a large hard drive). Even 8 year old PCs should be enough for the described tasks in most cases (my mother has one and she only surfs the web and writes letters with it).

You might know somebody who knows a bit about computers and ask him to get you a PC for less than X dollars, while an X of about 300$ should be enough to cover your tasks.

Don't expect to be able to play all the newest games then though... ;P