Hey, everyone, this is a new song I was making, It's on the simpler side, and I wanted it to be that way.

It's called "The Great Romance" and it's in my profile, I'll post the lyrics.

Does it make you feel better
When you hear I cringe
At your name
I swear I tried

Does it help you sleep at night
to know I'm restless
I'm so tired from this

Please don't leave
You are my only hope now
I'll take my time
and only come to check around
I won't bother you I promise
Unsettled, like a living testament.

How about it all now
will I still make you cry
I don't try

This is getting so old
I do agree,
Maybe it's time

Please just go
You don't need to turn around
I don't want
to see your face right now

I'll break down, I will, break down.

I will try harder I will
The course rush of dreams
Hold me in it's grip

I had not one bad intention
in my bones, it was all for you.

I will try harder I will
The course rush of dreams
Hold me in it's grip

I had not one bad intention
in my bones, it was all for you.

Please don't leave
You are my only hope now
I'll take my time
and only come to check around
I won't bother you I promise
Unsettled, like a living testament.

Please just go
You don't need to turn around
I don't want
to see your face right now

I'll break down, I will, break down.

So, C4C, tell me what you think. I'm always looking for voice pointers, since I'm new to singing.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
Why don't you try to sing a little bit lower (not in pitch) but from the stumach. what you do now (what i hear, i guess) is that you tend to sing from out of your throat.. the power should come from you stomach

Hope that helps!
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.
I wish I knew how I could utilize that. I don't know how to get the power to come from my stomach.
Poop.

Yes, poop.
try to focus on your stomach when singing. holding your hand on it helps to. i bet youtube has lots of video's about that
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this.
Your song's good man. It's structured, and I like the chord progressions and the melodies you sing against them. And I like the change during the middle of the song (where you start singing about "trying harder").

However, you seem to make awkward emphasis/accents on certain words, so the music seems like it doesn't match the flow of the words, or the words don't match the flow of the music. Or maybe you are trying to attain a certain anxious or nervous feeling through the unsettling accentuation, which I can hear in your lyrics and singing. Overall, you put emotion into your singing, so that's really good.

Yes, you could do what the other posters say about singing from the stomach. However, I don't think you should put too much emphasis on having a "controlled" voice. Your song is about "breaking down", and singing songs about broken hearts with a powerful, controlled voice just doesn't make sense.