would would i need to do to take a amp gain pot and wire it into a guitar so it works like a volume control but controls gain, and when the knob is at 0 it is totally clean but when at 10 it adds loads or distortion

would this be possible and easy to do with out routing any of the guitar?
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
Someone else might correct me on this but I think it's Guitarfetish that may have the onboard effects. I'm pretty sure one of them is gain, so that might be where you want to start looking.

Edit: Yep, Guitarfetish Modboards. There's one for a tube amp drive, it's about $50.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Last edited by Reisgar42 at Jun 28, 2010,
is that even possible? i mean ive heard of a boost button but not a full on distortion pedal thrown into a guitar....

that gives me an idea, lol how about you just route out the front of your guitar and mount a distortion pedal in it? lol the hard part is getting your foot high enough to hit the button
its not just a knob you have to build a distortion circuit. it is possible though!
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
When your amp is distorted your volume knob already pretty much controls gain. Are you sure this is worth it?
Guitars
Fender MIM Strat (Modded)
Tokai Love Rock
Squier Strat (Modded)

Effects
Boss DS-1, DD-7, RC-20XL
EHX Big Muff, Electric Mistress
Digitech Whammy

Amps
Vox VT50
Orange Rockerverb 50
hm... ill look into guitarfetish,.. mounting a whole pedal would be friggin sweet, butttt i dont wanna route my guitar that much lol
MIM Fender Strat
Ibanez AE series acoustic
Washburn Semi Hollow loaded with Di-Marzios
Main Street LP
Tama drum set
Marshall Blues-breaker 2
VOX V847 Wah
Fender Princeton chorus
wire up a pot in your guitar exactly like you would wire a master tone, but instead of using a .22uf or a .47uf cap, use two shottky diodes wired in antiparallel. That means one pointing one way, one pointing the other way. the knob will act as a clipping circuit. It won't "add" gain, but it will clip your signal, giving you a distorted tone.