Hey guys,

I absolutely love this site and have been going through the reviews of some guitars.

I am looking to buy a guitar in the budget of $300 and i think I have narrowed it down to two choices (though I would love some suggestions) :

1. Ibanez ART100

SPECS
Neck Material: Mahogany
Neck Type: ART set-in
Body: Mahogany body
Frets: Medium frets
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Inlay: ART special on 12th fret inlay
Bridge: Gibraltar III bridge
NeckPU: ACH1-S
BridgePU: ACH2-S
HW Color: CH
Finishes: VLS, WH, BK, GD, SBF, TCR

2. ESP LTD EC 100QM

# Bolt-On Construction
# 24.75" Scale
# Basswood Body
# Quilted Maple Top
# Maple Neck
# Rosewood Fingerboard
# 42mm Standard Nut
# Thin U Neck Contour
# 24 XJ Frets
# Chrome Hardware
(Black Nickel for STBLK & STBC)
# ESP Tuners
# TOM Bridge & Tailpiece
# ESP LH-150 (B & N) p.u.

I play a lot of random music and and not really into heavy metal. Which out of these two would you suggest I buy ?

If someone has played either of these, your inputs will be of great value. I intend to go and try these and any other suggested guitars in the near future.

cheers.
yeh id go for the ibanez too
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Quote by liberationarmy
Ibanez. Unless you have big hands

Yea..I'd choose the Ibanez automatically when looking at the neck joint type and the body wood...
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

ibanez, the ART series doesn't have wizard thin necks, the ART ones accually are about as thin as an Esp Ec neck oh and the ibanez is a much better guitar
Eh.
thanks guys..will be going in to try these out a little later.

could you also explain why you have chosen the ibanez over the ESP ? I'm trying to understand what one should look for while buying a guitar.
The ibanez has a set-in neck and the Gibraltar bridge for me is an instant win over a TOM, much better sustain and tone. Then there's the Mahogany body - for a guitar at this price mahogany will rape basswood in everything. Cheap basswood is a destroyer of tone quality, sustain, etc. Much like a Line 6 spider amp.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Quote by Nimbus456
The ibanez has a set-in neck and the Gibraltar bridge for me is an instant win over a TOM, much better sustain and tone. Then there's the Mahogany body - for a guitar at this price mahogany will rape basswood in everything. Cheap basswood is a destroyer of tone quality, sustain, etc. Much like a Line 6 spider amp.

I know right
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

hey guys,

A friend I was chatting with asked me if the pickups on the ART100 were active or passive. What is the way to find out the type of pickups installed ? Is there a certain code which signifies the type of pickup ?