should I buy the boss super overdrive? (sd-1) a low priced boss pedal that should last me forever basically. yes? no? i think yes. tell me what u think.
yeah. either can i. it came with my starter pack and thats the only amp i have. i borrow my firends when i gig though. and thats very rare.
what would you suggest for an amp that won't break the bank?
I was thinking of one of those orange crush tube amps. theirs one at our local shop for $100.
I also think that you should save for a new amp.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by 0GibsonLesPaul0
what would you suggest for an amp that won't break the bank?
I was thinking of one of those orange crush tube amps. theirs one at our local shop for $100.

Well, an Orange Crush isn't a tube amp. Is $100 all you can spend?
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
It depends - how cheap is the SD-1 you're planning on getting?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
^ That's pretty high. You can do better.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
really? what's the range you say i should go for? i found one on musician's freind.com for 40 bucks + 5.95 ship. that better?
Last edited by 0GibsonLesPaul0 at Jun 28, 2010,
Unless you're talking Australian dollars, anything over $30 is too much, IMO.

^ I'm simply saying that I find the idea of $50 +S&H for an SD-1 outrageous, even if it is new.

Gently used ones can be had for far less than that.

An Orange crush Isn't a tube amp, they're also very lame.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
SD-1 is a good cheap pedal to boost... well a good tube amp, so get the good tube amp first if you want something to boost.
Laney make a fine tube amp. You could do a lot worse.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification