Hi!

My sister can draw really well and I want her to draw an awesome floral pattern on my guitar. I'm not sure who to do it since she is mostly drawing with colored pencils.

Should we try to paint the guitar matte white and draw directly on the guitar
or
Should she draw on a sheet of paper and glue it to the body then clearcoat it.

Is there any better way?
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Stencils? With the sheet of paper there's no way you could get it to stay flat when you're clearcoating, and with the drawing on matte, it would smudge very easily.
if you draw with colored pencils on white paint it will look really shitty, the led will smear alot and it wont be bright enough.

if you try to clearcoat paper it might make the pencil run and it might make the paper scrunch up and whatnot... even if it does turn out good be prepared for a shit load of clear paint going on and a shit load of sanding to get rid of the edges from the paper being higher than the paint.
I would suggest painting it whatever color you want in the background, then using paint pens to draw on it. From there, just clear it. You could clear a piece of paper to it, but that would look tacky imho.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
I would like to have it in multi color.
My first lolstack
Quote by whitenihilist

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Do it in pencil first and get Sakura paint markers. I use them on my guitars when I paint them and they're amazing.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
what i do when i paint my guitars is just tape it off and paint the color i want, or do it airbrush style with the spraypaint cans.