My friend recommend that I get Pro Tools m-powered, but I just saw the price and don't think I could afford something like that right now. Is there anything that you would recommend that is a little cheaper, but I could still record guitar, piano, and vocals onto and then be able to mix it all together? Thanks
Reaper.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Cubase !!!
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
Cureaperbase.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Quote by grizzli1994
Cubase !!!

Cubase is not cheap
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Reaper is probably the best Free recording software (which i think will let you use VST plugins, i would have to take a look at it.)

but
I use cubase. still getting the hand of recording programs
remember, getting a good sounds is not necessarily mean you have to get the fancy software. or what not.

I tried a POD out and it sounded beautiful. Now i don't want to plug my guitar into my computer directly, until i get an interface.
but thats i different story
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
Last edited by kcorkcar at Jun 28, 2010,
Reaper can use VST plugins easily.

It comes bundled with many, and a lot of them are of good quality.
I know a guy on another forum who has done work with the likes of Megadeth, Sheryl Crow and Gin Blossoms who swears by Reaper.

And Cubase is very expensive. Worth it, mind you, but very expensive.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Reaper can use VST plugins easily.

It comes bundled with many, and a lot of them are of good quality.

o Rly?
If you're serious about needed some Design or Motion Graphics done for your band, youtube, or literally anything else you should email me at CoreGraphics@live.com. My services are quite affordable for the quality I deliver.

Youtube: CoreGraphics
I have a quick question about reaper. I don't know much about this stuff, but would I be able to somehow hook a microphone up to my laptop, and then be able to directly record into reaper or pro tools or any of these other programs and record guitar or voice?
Quote by bobbyoutlaw
I have a quick question about reaper. I don't know much about this stuff, but would I be able to somehow hook a microphone up to my laptop, and then be able to directly record into reaper or pro tools or any of these other programs and record guitar or voice?

If its a USB mic then ya. But other than that you need an interface first.

Lol I use a Rockband mic to record
Quote by kcorkcar
o Rly?
Yeah really.

Many use ReEQ, ReGate, and ReXcomp tons of times, me included. They get the job done.

Some even use more Re(XXX) plugins that I can not name off the top of my head.
If i was you i would get an interface like the m-audio fast track pro, or a lesser one, then get a decent mic and some free software.

Ableton live 8.1.3 comes with fast track pro but im not sure how this compares to the free programs yet.
Quote by bobbyoutlaw

Another vote for Reaper. It's got a nice trial period and is very affordable. The latest version is very nice as well.

Either buy an audio interface and microphone with XLR connection or a USB mic.
Some comparisons between USB mics:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NewMediaGear#g/u

Read up on tweaks guide and the other links found in the main resource thread at the top of the forums.