Second guy is better.
6 43%
They're both equally good.
4 29%
Unsure.
2 14%
Voters: 14.
Two musicians.

One musician doesn't know a whole lot of music theory. Isn't amazingly skilled at their instrument (which can be voice, piano, guitar, etc. Doesn't really matter). He writes his own music. It's not incredibly unique, and it's not anything really "new". Just something simple and easy to come up with. However this guy is incredibly popular, sells like crazy, and his music is loved by tons of people.

The other musician has a master's in music. Very talented instrumentalist. Also writes his own music. He has very unique and original use of harmony, very uncommon chord progressions, unique use of rhythm, uses very uncommon tones and a wide variety of instruments, etc. His music has some very devoted fans, but he isn't very popular among the mainstream.

Who's better in your eyes? The musician who makes music that is loved by the most people and gives the most enjoyment with his music? Or The musician who is more knowledgeable and skilled with music, who is more creative and original?

Also, two things: 1. Please don't compare this to actual musicians. Don't say "well, Joe Satriani is better than Justin Bieber." I don't have musicians like Justin Bieber or Miley Cyrus in my mind when I read the first musician. And I certainly don't have people like Paul Gilbert or Frank Zappa in mind when I think of the second. Please: No comparisons to musicians in real life.

2. Assume that when you listen to these guys music, their music appeals to you equally. You get just as much joy listening to the first musician as the second.
Musician 2
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
*reported*

I'm pretty sure this is a repeat thread and it is the wrong forum technically and it has a silly subject
Tick tock and waiting for the meteor
This clock is opening another door
Last edited by Msword7 at Jun 28, 2010,
Both.

Music is sooo subjective. It would be bias for me to choose otherwise.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
They're both equally good. They're both musicians who put out music that people enjoy.

If the question was "who's a better instrumentalist?" then it would be the second person, but as it's worded they're the same.

Quote by Msword7
*reported*

go away.
maybe if you had a
revolver
you'd
suck less

press
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B Areceive bacon

Gamertag: Seanslaught
PSN: BeastlyBassist
Steam: Beastly396
Quote by Nelsean
Both.

Since you're a mod, should I delete this thread?
Quote by Nelsean
Both.

Not if you are thinking of better as musical talent, because then #2 would have a clear advantage.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Obviously, the Master musician. If he's better, then that would appeal to any musician more, I suppose. Typically, musicians have more of an appreciation for the more skilled/unique.

If this isn't an extremely biased thread, I'll be very surprised.
"We barely remember who or what came before this precious moment"

Tool, anyone?
Alter Bridge, maybe?
A bit of John Mayer?
Some beethoven sounds delightful, as well.
Quote by The Madcap
Since you're a mod, should I delete this thread?

It doesnt feel like a verses thread to me. Just stay the course and try not to flame others opinions.

Quote by Msword7
*reported*

SGT. HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?
COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down!! Do you suck dicks!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer!?
COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!
SGT. HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would fuck a person in the ass and not even have the goddamn common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!!
Quote by mattman93
Not if you are thinking of better as musical talent, because then #2 would have a clear advantage.

Regardless, sometimes simplicity has its advantages depending on the artist.

These two choices are very narrow in terms of the artist in mention.

Prince is a musical genius, he is very popular, and has devoted fans, yet he doesnt even care for the industry anymore despite his immense talent.

Same could go for the next 3 chord wonder. It's all up in the air depending on the artist and their music being created.

*not my close btw*