I have cubase sx 3 for pc and for some reason after i have recorded a Guitar track When i go to record another the first track seems to bleed through and overpowers the new track.

I'm not sure how to fix this. I use headphones and a line 6 pod so theres no mic's,so its not the sound from speakers its inside the computer all this seems to be happening.

If I just play a track on its own without pressing record the input bar rises.

If anyone could help me fix this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Kellii.
Last edited by Mrkellii at Jun 28, 2010,
I don't use this software myself, but I'm pretty sure that you should be able to lower the level of the first recorded track by a few dB, that way it will be much quieter. You can change it later when you get to mixing the whole thing.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
If you look at your screen with the control box on the left side of the track, you will see an "e". Click on that E and you can lower that tracks volume. After you are done recording an entire song there are ways to bring up your entire mix in sliders so you can adjust them that way. Rather then clicking on individual tracks. If you have any questions on Cubase feel free to PM me I'd be glad to help
Thanks guys.

Unfortunatly its also picking up the metranome and any other noises the computer makes. I don't think its a problem with the volume as the cubase on my laptop doesn't have this problem.